PDA

View Full Version : i feel like im a faileure

susie
26-11-16, 07:31
my husband goes to work my son is just starting a new job and im at home battling this crippling anxiety i cant sleep without taking nytol then i keep waking up with terrible fear my anxiety stops me from going out alone i have no friends .i have a mental health worker ive seen her once she has to work out the best way to help me with my anxiety but she said it will take time .the only meds i had was valium 5mg i didnt take it every day yesterday i orderd my perscription and was given juust 14 tabs 2mg ,i try to help myself im 63 and feel im getting nowhere:weep:

pulisa
26-11-16, 12:10
Hello Susie. In the long run diazepam will be a false "friend"-it's highly addictive and withdrawal after a prolonged period of time on it can be awful. I hope that your mental health worker will be able to help you get outside for short periods of time again because being holed up and isolated at home must be very depressing. There's certainly no quick fix to this-no magic pills or therapies-but you now have access to a mental health team who are best placed to help you and maybe link you up to organisations who can work with you to make your life better. Even having someone to talk to who can be empathetic yet encouraging you to take those first few tentative steps beyond your comfort zone would be helpful. But this all takes time and trust, of course.

You aren't a failure and thinking you are is just making things worse. You've seen a psychiatrist and have been allocated a mental health worker-see what they suggest and if there is a delay in them getting back to you ring them up and say you really need their input now?

Wishing you all the very best

susie
26-11-16, 16:08
hi thank you for your reply ,i know there is no quick fix ive had anxiety and phobias most of my life but for the last 4 years its been getting worse anxiety is awfull .diazepam isnt the answer i only take one when i really need to .i hope your well take care

randomforeigner
26-11-16, 17:16
Do you have Facebook? In that case you could join some handicrafts groups, like knitting, sewing, scrap-booking, or crocheting, and view what the others say or show. It might even inspire you to take up a new hobby. Some of these groups are very friendly in nature and you're not obliged to show something you've done but can just browse. It helps when it feels difficult. Sometimes people bring up other subjects in these groups too, I've seen posts where members ask for support or a meetup, although it's not the group's main focus, but can be a way to find new friends who share the same interest (scrap-booking, etc.)

My dad ate Valium, it's sort of addictive. Try not to use it if you can.