PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me advice

tricia56
26-11-16, 16:06
Am I feeding aniety with negative self talk as I've struggled with anxiety for such along time 24/7 and when I'm really overwhelmed with it and the horrible symtoms I tell myself I am ok I'm not in any danger I'm safe and it's ok to feel this way but I I've been talking to a helpliner on a helpline and he has told me that Im feeding the anxiety by saying them things to myself because I'm giving it more fuel and now I'm feeling so confused about it because I thought I was doing the right thing and don't know wat I'm suposed to say to myself now as I thought by saying them things it would help me exept the anxiety but I just don't know now and if the helpliner is right on wat he says and maybe someone on here could give me any advice

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Anyone ?

randomforeigner
26-11-16, 17:19
I read your post before but didn't know what to say. Maybe if you elaborate a bit more and describe what symptoms you have and what you do then?

Buster70
26-11-16, 17:28
Hi , what helps for some doesn't for others even people without anxiety tell them selves it will be ok when they are in a tricky situation , if it helps you in some small way keep doing it , in an ideal world you wouldn't think about it and not over think but it's not that simple is it , just a daft example my dog if terified of fireworks if I keep saying it's ok and fussing her she gets worse and worse because I'm drawing attention to it if I ignore her she calms down , best thing for me is find a distraction to take your mind away from the anxiety , take care .

Parko1210
29-11-16, 23:05
Anxiety is fuelled by your negative thoughts just try and understand it's nothing more than that !!!!! Just your thoughts your thoughts your thoughts whatever makes you panic is your THOUGHTS so what now ? Find out what scared you that moment you feel panicky or whatever is happening when you experience anxiety because the brain has to be thinking something !? What could it be try and target the thought and actually question it a million times ?!! What is the likelihood if me dropping down dead ? What's the likelihood of me losing control ?? Have I ever lost control ?? Am I going to lose control of these panic attacks or these anxious moments ? Target the thought and write it down as many as you can and once you get the thought make a better assumption of it ! And learn to understand its nothing there is nothing seriously wrong with you if they was you wouldn't be panicking day by day it would most likely just happen just start by not fearing it and target it after all it's your life you let things and thoughts scre you all the effort you put into being scared put it into telling yourself the truth it's only anxiety !!