PDA

View Full Version : Good Afternnoon Everyone

JAMES MURPHY
26-11-16, 15:43
Hi,

My name is James Murphy I am here just to read and hopefully help and get some advice on my own situation, I'm from the UK but lived in Australia and the USA for around years in total, after returning to my home country with my family I realised that the NHS dot not like to prescribe Benzodiazepines and I fully understand why, coming from being prescribed my medication in countries that look at it a little lighter or maybe are more understanding, or maybe because the health care is paid for the service is different. Either way I found it very hard and have suffered and I am still suffering from time to time with benzo withdrawal, I would love to read some positive stories because I have found it very very hard and it has affected not only my personal life but also my work. Anyway enough about me I hope to get to know people here and listen and talk to help each other.

Thanks to the administration for making this available and keeping the site running with positive rules in place.

Thanks to everyone

venusbluejeans
26-11-16, 15:48
Hiya JAMES MURPHY and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

nixgg
26-11-16, 18:52
Hi Everyone, I am Nicki, 45 and just joined. I am a survivor, (trying) of severe childhood trauma and have suffered mental ill health of various forms all my life. In May this year I was unwittingly exposed to solvents/chemicals on a building site which triggered a massive panic attack/psychotic episode/nervous breakdown which rendered me non functioning for months. Have always been an anxious and nervous person as I also suffer from PTSD. Thankfully I was getting much better and returned to work only to quit through stress 6 weeks later. Since I left, I have been trying to manage. Not on any medication and do not smoke/drink/take illegal drugs, a vegetarian and lead a healthy life. However, I am also recovering from a lifetime eating disorder and have survived various serious suicide attempts - my two blessed children kept me alive. Today though, I had a similar trigger when I passed a nail bar near where my daughter was having a party and the noxious smells made me run a mile to the safety of my car. Everyone else was fine. My son thinks it's totally irrational but I know these fumes are carcinogenics and can make people 'high' and attack the nervous system.
As I am a hyper vigilant person anyway, (hate bright lights, loud noises, lots of people, certain smells) I am always on guard and pretty much avoid any situation where I might be exposed to such. I have been seen by various mental health care professionals and still awaiting treatment, (NHS, limited mental health funds) but on initial assessments docs just say the same, stress and anxiety. It's been an awful year as my joint venture business with my previous partner, (we also finished this year!) foundered, lost my home, job and really down on my luck, (but have found some freelance work as an academic so that's a positive). Plus I am now living on my own for the first time since a teenager and although I love the control I have over my life, it is rather lonely, and I feel isolated and that my irrational OCD intrusive thoughts are taking over.

Does anyone here feel similar, if so, how do you manage such, would love to hear your thoughts, sharing is so healthy. Thanks so much for reading guys.