PDA

View Full Version : DVT?

helenhoo
26-11-16, 21:20
Ive had a dull ache in my thigh all day and it hurts to touch. I am on my period and know leg pain *can be* linked to this but could this be a DVT?

Gary A
26-11-16, 21:38
Ive had a dull ache in my thigh all day and it hurts to touch. I am on my period and know leg pain *can be* linked to this but could this be a DVT?

No.

For goodness sake, is there anything that doesn't concern you?

helenhoo
26-11-16, 21:45
What could this leg ache be?

ServerError
26-11-16, 21:46
I guess it could be a leg ache.

luckylas
26-11-16, 22:01
Is it only a day you've had this ache?? Any exercise taken place?? Pulled muscle possibly?

helenhoo
26-11-16, 22:05
Yes only a day snd no, no
Exercise. Doesnt feel warm to touch and isn't red. It feels like a pulled muscle. I did read it can be related to mensturalcycle.

KatiePink
26-11-16, 22:07
My right bottom cheek was aching all day yesterday, no I'm not taking the pee, it hurt kind of like mild cramp, a real pain in the backside.
It's better today :D

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

My thighs hurt like hell when aunt Flo is around, feels like I've climbed a million steps.

ServerError
26-11-16, 22:08
My right bottom cheek was aching all day yesterday, no I'm not taking the pee, it hurt kind of like mild cramp, a real pain in the backside.
It's better today :D

What on earth have you been up to?!

lofwyr
26-11-16, 22:09
My legs kill me half the time. When I work out, when I don't work out. My knees, my thighs, my butt and my calves. They ache, they pinch, they are just generally not my most comfortable of limbs.

Hang in there, I am sure an ache or two is just that.

KatiePink
26-11-16, 22:09
What on earth have you been up to?!

:whiplash:

Only kidding. No idea, probably from being sat on it all day :blush:

luckylas
26-11-16, 22:21
---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

[/COLOR]Could be restless legs I sometimes get that during monthlys or could be as you say a pulled muscle

helenhoo
26-11-16, 22:56
Katie thought i was one of few who called it Aunt Flo ha. I'm being logical, just in so much discomfort!:(

swajj
26-11-16, 23:18
How are you being logical when you suspect your leg pain is DVT? That isn't logical. You are all over the place. If you are genuine then you need to see someone trained in mental illness. You are unlike most of the people who come here. Most will come with a specific problem and talk about that. Sure they might come back again with a new worry after the first one is resolved. But your's changes everyday. That is the reason some people aren't taking you seriously. As I just said to someone else if you are genuine then no one here can help you because your problems are beyond the scope of this forum. Go and see a professional who is trained to deal with mental illness.

helenhoo
27-11-16, 12:11
My leg still sches today. Does feel like I've been walking loads (I walk in general, don't drive places so it's not as though I've over strained) *Is* it related to period? If so, how?

Gary A
27-11-16, 12:28
You've got a sore leg. So bloody what? Why must everything with you require an explanation? You're a woman in your mid twenties who had to have your menstrual cycle explained to you.

You're not an idiot, please stop acting like one. You have a sore leg, for the love of God, let something go.

KatiePink
27-11-16, 12:42
You're a teacher, why don't you use your methods and apply them to yourself. How would you help a child who kept looking in a book for the answer when he should know it himself already. He isn't going to learn by not using his brain properly. Does he even want to learn or is he just looking for the easiest way out which requires no effort?

By the way it's a chemical prostaglandins the one that makes your uterus or whatever contract during menstruation. That causes leg pain.

Do not ask another question, like but how long does it last? Does it feel like this? Could it be that?

Because you're expecting replies and acting like a child refusing to listen or practice any self control. You're not a dumb person. (You have anxiety)

helenhoo
27-11-16, 18:06
Both legs ache. I also tripped up the other day but I fell over as my dad jokingly tripped me up.

KatiePink
27-11-16, 18:07
Both legs ache. I also tripped up the other day but I fell over as my dad jokingly tripped me up.

:roflmao:

ServerError
27-11-16, 18:12
I like your dad. He sounds fun. :D

helenhoo
27-11-16, 18:37
Luckily he has done after the wedding as I have two bruised scabby knees haha.

helenhoo
27-11-16, 23:49
Sake, now wondering if thigh ache is related to cancer; specifically bone cancer.

ServerError
27-11-16, 23:53
Of course you are. That's what you do. I eat chocolate. You assume everything is a devastating illness. We all have our vices.

Gary A
28-11-16, 00:23
Sake, now wondering if thigh ache is related to cancer; specifically bone cancer.

No you aren't, you're just desperately trying to think of some reason to post here and get attention.

Once more, hang it up, it's just sad at this point.

swajj
28-11-16, 06:57
Teacher? lol

You can be anything you want to be on the net. :roflmao:

helenhoo
28-11-16, 11:49
If if i could be anything i want why would i choose teacher haha, clearly you don't know any.

axolotl
28-11-16, 12:21
A long time ago I gave you a suggestion to spend more time on other people's threads and try and give them some advice. It was ignored, but I still think it's a valid idea. Not only does it make you realise others are going through things too, but as you give advice to others you're also giving advice to yourself.

Giving advice to others on here - although my approach is often far from perfect - has helped me re-enforce ideas in my own head and prevented me from falling into further serious HA traps. I still get HA at times, but don't feel I need to post about it, because I've learnt a ramshackle way to work it out myself. One day I'll probably need reassurance and support from people on here, it's not gone, but at the moment it's under control.

I understand your mental state is very different to mine, and the solutions you need will be radically different. But I wonder if it's worth a try.

Carrie8484
28-11-16, 13:04
What happened to South Korea?

helenhoo
28-11-16, 16:42
I went, came back for wedding, heading back Sunday.

ServerError
28-11-16, 17:12
I went, came back for wedding, heading back Sunday.

What do you think of South Korea so far? What do you make of the food? Have you had a chance to do much exploring?

These are genuine questions and not an attempt to catch you out in any way.

helenhoo
28-11-16, 21:28
Hi Server, Ive not been as adventurous as Id like to have been with food ha. Giving it the big 'un before i left lol.

ServerError
28-11-16, 22:06
Make sure you give the cuisine a try. Can't leave Korea behind without having given it a go! Are you looking forward to going back?

helenhoo
28-11-16, 22:27
I've eaten local dishes! Just none of the weirder/more trad stuff ha. I am! Back on the Sunday, no packing stress this time round!

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Fyi leg pain now gone, worried about light headed and stuttering leaving a voicemail (doing admin for dads company while here; slave Labour eh?)

Josh1234
29-11-16, 01:25
"I dont need meds."

MyNameIsTerry
29-11-16, 03:03
Teacher? lol

You can be anything you want to be on the net. :roflmao:

Can I be Jessica Alba's bra? :D

swajj
29-11-16, 08:42
lol Terry you can try.

I am a member of a few other forums. On one of them (just general chat, not health related) we had a member who joined in months of discussions and many members of that forum chatted with her on a regular basis. One day her husband logged in using her id and told us she had died in a car accident. You can imagine the shock and sadness this caused. A couple of months later we found out that she was alive and well and it was actually not her husband but herself who told us she was dead. She came back eventually and apologised. Some people actually forgave her. I didn't. Over the years I have encountered many liars and trolls on forums but this was something different. Hence my remark that you can be anything you want to be on the net - even dead. :winks:

pulisa
29-11-16, 08:57
It makes you wonder what drives these people..apart from seeking attention. That's a shocking example,swajj. Internet forums can bring out the worst in people

MyNameIsTerry
29-11-16, 09:12
lol Terry you can try.

I am a member of a few other forums. On one of them (just general chat, not health related) we had a member who joined in months of discussions and many members of that forum chatted with her on a regular basis. One day her husband logged in using her id and told us she had died in a car accident. You can imagine the shock and sadness this caused. A couple of months later we found out that she was alive and well and it was actually not her husband but herself who told us she was dead. She came back eventually and apologised. Some people actually forgave her. I didn't. Over the years I have encountered many liars and trolls on forums but this was something different. Hence my remark that you can be anything you want to be on the net - even dead. :winks:

Truly bizarre. I could understand someone thinking "stuff them all" and saying they were dead to get away from being pestered but otherwise it's odd.

They come in all shapes & sizes. The sellers sneaking around pretending to be sufferers are something I tend to look out for, they tend to use the same hooks do they are easy to "out".

I have enough trouble keeping up with being genuinely on here, I can't understand why anyone would want to spend hours wasted posting crap. :doh:

pulisa
29-11-16, 09:17
It's something to occupy their bored little minds, Terry. Not much else going on in their life-let's have some fun and see who we can fool innit

swajj
29-11-16, 09:23
Because they can Terry. It was obvious from his first post that "James" was trolling. I kept reading that thread wondering why people were still having a "somewhat" serious discussion with him.

Yes I could maybe understand pretending you are dead to sever your ties with a forum you are addicted to posting on. If everyone on the forum believes you are dead then it kind of forces you to stay away lol.

Nah, not true I can't understand that at all.

However, this woman's "husband" gave details of her funeral and how the family (her children and him) were suffering. Ain't ever forgiving that. :mad: But like I said some people did. Would you?

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Hi pulisa.xx

pulisa
29-11-16, 09:32
Hello swajj! xx

I don't think I could really explain that one away either (although no doubt a psych would medicalise it and there would be some fancy diagnosis). Pretty manipulative and cruel but then it's not real life....and some people can do and say whatever they like online as you suggest, swajj

MyNameIsTerry
29-11-16, 09:39
No, swajj, I wouldn't without knowing it was due to something extreme in their mental health. I could forgive that. A "normal" though, nah, I wouldn't be wasting my breath on them.

Severing ties in a "I don't exist way" I can understand, it's what I've told my GF when it comes to ex colleagues asking about me, I couldn't give a toss what they think, that life ended years ago so they can keep their snouts out as far as I'm concerned, she can tell them I've left the planet for all I care, left the country or anything that will stop them asking her :biggrin:

swajj
29-11-16, 09:55
I understand that Terry. Sometimes you have to do what's best for you. :)