PDA

View Full Version : No prep?

leesa-x
27-11-16, 10:22
Can anyone tell me when did they get there prep for colonoscopy? I haven't received anything and I'm having colonoscopy Tuesday, I hope they don't wait until the day can they even do that?

nomorepanic
27-11-16, 12:12
It should have come in the post with your appointment details weeks before.

You need to start the prep tomorrow so it may be too late to get it now but give them a call and ask.

leesa-x
27-11-16, 12:43
Thanks for getting back. Yeah my mother just called up the hospital & they apologised they don't understand why it hasn't been sent out. However they said I could go & collect the picolax or the prescription today to take before 8am tomorrow morning...so I'm hoping it's the picolax as the chemist doesn't open till 9am. Apparently today I've got to be on a bland diet I'm allowed butter & crackers so that's good.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Yeah my colonoscopy appointment is 1pm Tuesday so I don't know if that's the time of the procedure am so nervous.

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Just had a call from hospital and they said I'm to take 2 tablets called senokot in the morning then my first picolax at 4pm & because I'm an afternoon appointment for me to take another picolax in the morning of the procedure.

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Has anyone taken tablets too? Any words of comfort would be greatly appreciated. I live off my nerves :( x

nomorepanic
27-11-16, 18:01
I never had to have the tablets as well - just the disgusting drink!

almamatters
27-11-16, 18:05
I just had the drink as well, it wasn't that bad really, just make sure you stay near a toilet. The lack of food and drink on the day of the procedure was the thing I struggled with most. Hope it goes ok for you.

leesa-x
27-11-16, 20:24
Yeah I'm not looking forward to it lol I'm just hoping I can keep it together on the day of the procedure I'm not worried about results I'm scared of my anxiety & my silly thoughts I suffer from anxiety & palpitations, skipped heartbeats so I'm worried about that happening while having colonoscopy just need to be brave easier said than done lol x

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

And yes starting to feel hungry now but on bland diet tonight, allowed breakfast tomorrow morning before taking tablets & that's it then they said liquid diet x

almamatters
28-11-16, 07:42
Yeah I'm not looking forward to it lol I'm just hoping I can keep it together on the day of the procedure I'm not worried about results I'm scared of my anxiety & my silly thoughts I suffer from anxiety & palpitations, skipped heartbeats so I'm worried about that happening while having colonoscopy just need to be brave easier said than done lol x

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

And yes starting to feel hungry now but on bland diet tonight, allowed breakfast tomorrow morning before taking tablets & that's it then they said liquid diet x

I was a nervous wreak during my colonoscopy, the nurses were really nice and made me feel a lot better and I managed to keep relatively calm. They are quite used to people being scared, i wasn't sedated so just held the nurses hand throughout it all lol. Hope it goes ok for you :)

leesa-x
28-11-16, 09:19
I'm just a nervous wreak! Been crying this morning then my head went tight & I felt so woozy & dizzy room was spinning thought I was going to collapse! I'm sat on sofa now trying to self talk myself calm I haven't started the picolax yet that's at 4pm... Get so angry with myself for being like this so unfair wish I was brave x

almamatters
28-11-16, 15:28
I'm just a nervous wreak! Been crying this morning then my head went tight & I felt so woozy & dizzy room was spinning thought I was going to collapse! I'm sat on sofa now trying to self talk myself calm I haven't started the picolax yet that's at 4pm... Get so angry with myself for being like this so unfair wish I was brave x

Don't beat yourself up about this, people without anxiety get nervous about tests, never mind those of us who have it. You are brave for having it done in the first place! You sound similar to how I was before mine, i did calm down once I got to the hospital, the nurses made me feel so much better, one admired my belt on my jeans and we had a chat about that which distracted me and helped my nerves. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

leesa-x
28-11-16, 16:37
Took picolax it didn't taste to bad just in bed trying to remain calm I'm so anxious lol but I just trying to relax & be positive & think good things not bad xx

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Yes I will let you know too alma :) thank for the reassurance :) x