PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Iam going to have to start all over again.

Bigboyuk
27-11-16, 13:21
So I am still at the cross roads folks and don't know what road to take?
My new friend I made on here is very quite at the moment while I could wait and wait to see if things get better again I don't know if I can actually wait around and still I blame my self I have done what I can, but wether I can trust any one again is a different matter I am lost again and need help and advice please thanks for reading have a great day :)

brucealmighty
27-11-16, 13:28
sorry to hear you`re struggling just now, and having anxiety makes it worse for us because where some people could bounce off onto another situation quite easily, we tend to over analyse or find reasons to be guilty or look for faults that could have caused the situation.
it might be worth trying to contact your friend and just ask straight out where things are, to save yourself investing any more emotion into it all?

a lot of people are on here most days but maybe your friend has decided to have a break from it, or gone away with work, could be any number of reasons.

whatever comes of it try not to let it cloud your future, I take knock backs very hard myself but don`t let it shrink your world if that makes sense. good luck whatever happens you sound like a good bloke with a nice open attitude so it shouldn`t be long before someone else spots your good qualities

Bigboyuk
27-11-16, 13:41
sorry to hear you`re struggling just now, and having anxiety makes it worse for us because where some people could bounce off onto another situation quite easily, we tend to over analyse or find reasons to be guilty or look for faults that could have caused the situation.
it might be worth trying to contact your friend and just ask straight out where things are, to save yourself investing any more emotion into it all?

a lot of people are on here most days but maybe your friend has decided to have a break from it, or gone away with work, could be any number of reasons.

whatever comes of it try not to let it cloud your future, I take knock backs very hard myself but don`t let it shrink your world if that makes sense. good luck whatever happens you sound like a good bloke with a nice open attitude so it shouldn`t be long before someone else spots your good qualitiesHi If only they would tell me then I would know how to handle the current situation if that make sense? And I have asked a few times before and all I get is we are good or it's all tickety boo etc so I have messiaged them saying hope you had a good night last night and it would be good to hear from you m8 take care and chat soon and my friendship is still available to you. Cheers m8. it's affecting me badly and my work too. Hey know exactly what you mean hey thank you for your kind words :)

wabbit1
27-11-16, 23:23
I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm sure they didn't mean to upset you, it may be that they have something else going on. I know I'm guilty of blaming myself if someone goes quiet on me.

Bigboyuk
27-11-16, 23:29
I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm sure they didn't mean to upset you, it may be that they have something else going on. I know I'm guilty of blaming myself if someone goes quiet on me.Hey thanks for that and I am glad I am not the only one who blames them selves
but I have put a lot of time in to this friendship But it does hurt all the same cheers :)

KatiePink
29-11-16, 10:42
I'm guessing this is more than a friendship or you were hoping for more?
Funny business :roflmao:

SLA
29-11-16, 14:35
Whats the story here? I am catching up.

Bigboyuk
30-11-16, 10:53
I'm guessing this is more than a friendship or you were hoping for more?
Funny business :roflmao: No It was only a friendship but what I thought was a good one!! A lot of respect was shown to me along with being 'allowed' to be me this may sound very bizzare but in the past I Have not been allowed to have my own views or opinions so meeting this Guy was wow I felt released when I said things and there was no shut up or worse than that, or you don't know what you are talking about or you stupid person. much better than any funny business as you put it :)

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Whats the story here? I am catching up. Hi it's a bit of a spin off from another thread entitled 'A similar story to Mr Jones' but I will get you up to speed I met some one on here via Pm's and it took off very well and after only 8 pms to each other they decided to give me their mobile phone number which I thought was a bit too soon but accepted the life line as only about 5 weeks earlier some one else (not on here) befriended me but took me for a ride emotionaly and for money too not much but all the same I was stupid on that and I said I would never trust again then this person on here gave me like I say a life line! we met twice and made plans to meet again it's not happned through various things that I have promised even on here not to speak about. I still have some respect for this member
and still hope for the friendship to continue I will post the similar to mr jones thread here when I get the URL for it cheers :) Here it is: http://nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=190903 still trying to learn to copy&paste on windows 8.1 LOL

---------- Post added at 10:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

So glad I have found this forum with out you Guys I would have had a nervous breakdown I have been that close so thank you for being here for me :)

KatiePink
30-11-16, 17:12
much better than any funny business as you put it

:roflmao:

But you want funny business in the end right? :blush:
Sorry if I'm wrong it just sounds more 'deep' than the average friendship

EKB
30-11-16, 17:45
For some people, myself included, friendships can feel quite deep without any "funny business", even if outwardly casual.

Sorry you're going through this self-doubt, Bigboyuk. I'm sure it's just a case of something in their life making the friendship fizzle out, and not anything you did. I've had those feelings of self-doubt before as well.

KatiePink
30-11-16, 18:21
For some people, myself included, friendships can feel quite deep without any "funny business", even if outwardly casual.

Sorry you're going through this self-doubt, Bigboyuk. I'm sure it's just a case of something in their life making the friendship fizzle out, and not anything you did. I've had those feelings of self-doubt before as well.

I know I have friends myself who I love to bits. Just comes across as more than friendship(to me), and yes there could be many reasons for their distance, try not to take it to heart!

Bigboyuk
30-11-16, 18:30

But you want funny business in the end right? :blush:
Sorry if I'm wrong it just sounds more 'deep' than the average friendship No I would rather have a meaningful friendship at the mo the FB is immaterial to me so yes you were wrong and apologies accepted :)

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Iam hoping he is reading these posts and comes to his senses simple really :)

Catherine S
30-11-16, 19:32
I'm not sure i'd want to hold on to a person who was putting so much distance between us like this, I think it's a bit unkind if your friend is reading your posts and not responding by sending you a private message, even if it's to tell you the friendship is over. To leave you hanging is a bit tough. Are you sure he's not ill or has left the forum or something? It could be time to put it down to experience bigboy, and move on.

Take care
ISB x

Bigboyuk
01-12-16, 19:05
I'm not sure i'd want to hold on to a person who was putting so much distance between us like this, I think it's a bit unkind if your friend is reading your posts and not responding by sending you a private message, even if it's to tell you the friendship is over. To leave you hanging is a bit tough. Are you sure he's not ill or has left the forum or something? It could be time to put it down to experience bigboy, and move on.

Take care
ISB x iam not sure either I know they have Dyspraxia and it could have flared up all I know after I asked them some thing they said they will always be in contact with me so fair enough and asked them about visits nothing come back so how the hell Iam supposed to know if it's just going to be messages from now on or what no reply came back so I have messaged them and said get back to me when you have 5 mins to spare and left it at that! they said they have a lot on at the mo again it could be they have a lot on their mind or they having a great time, but I aren't a mind reader they were not on the forum for a good while but did visit about 10 days ago but that's all I know yes I know they are ill yes I know there are personal things that could be affecting them
but unless they say whats on their mind I cant help them (which I do want to help them!)

Catherine S
01-12-16, 20:20
It's really kind of you to want to be this person's friend and try to help him despite it all, you seem like a very caring man and there aren't too many of those around. I guess mental health issues make us all a little selfish with our time and we can tend to shut even our closest friends out if we're going through a bad patch. I think you've tried really hard to keep in touch with him, but maybe you need time to focus on yourself for a while, focus on your own well being.

ISB

Bigboyuk
01-12-16, 22:01
It's really kind of you to want to be this person's friend and try to help him despite it all, you seem like a very caring man and there aren't too many of those around. I guess mental health issues make us all a little selfish with our time and we can tend to shut even our closest friends out if we're going through a bad patch. I think you've tried really hard to keep in touch with him, but maybe you need time to focus on yourself for a while, focus on your own well being.

ISB That's very kind of you Am I too kind?? I mean I should have quite a few friends but sadly I haven't what I can cope with is not having a romance but just a few friends to share things with would be nice is that to much to ask for?? Thanks again for your help ISB :)