PDA

View Full Version : Scared of brain hemorrhage :(

Max_Stocks
27-11-16, 20:54
Hi there, back in august I bumped my head really hard on a low stone ceiling. I felt a bit dazed afterwards but didn't throw up or black out and the pain eventually subsided.

About 3 weeks afterwards I randomly got the worst headache I've had, and Im not a normal headache sufferer. It was present in the back of my head and I had trouble sleeping. The pain seemed to subside after a day but gradually came back, although intermittently. It always seemed to attack the same spot, the top left of my head.

I had good days where it only struck intermittently, and bad ones where it was constant. The doctor advised me to take ibuprofen and they took away a majority of the pain after a few weeks, though it seems to have transfered into my ears, as I get soreness and tenderness around them. I've been off Ibuprofen for 3 weeks now, and I still get pain around the back of my head occasionally.

I've started to get a lot more pins and needles in my body these past few weeks too, and wake up constantly with them. I've had nausea for the past two weeks, and find it so hard to just smile and get on with the day as I'm worried. Its been 3 months since I hit my head, and worried I might have internal bleeding. I've been to the opticians and everything came back fine, though I don't know if they can see brain hemorrhages.

If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful.

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Please, anyone?

Gary A
27-11-16, 21:04
This sounds a bit like migraines to me, possibly brought on by your anxiety. It's highly unlikely to be caused by a brain hemmorhage, especially given the time since the head trauma and development of symptoms. Your clear eye exam is also a good indicator of normal brain function.

I would do as your doctor advises and also try to stop being so stressed. If these episodes continue it may be worth a return to your doctor, although I don't believe for one second that this is caused by anything remotely sinister.

Max_Stocks
27-11-16, 21:35
Thank you Gary, you've helped ease my mind a bit.
I have an a appointment with my GP tomorrow and I'll tell him about this new worry. I was originally scared of a tumour, but have come to terms that the chances of that are very slim. I hope I can feel the same about the hemorrhage, I just remembered that I hit my head 3 weeks prior to the headache coming on and have scared myself a bit.

I have some good days where I don't think about it, but the fact its been going on 3 months has mentally drained me. I know this may cause symptoms too, and I keep relating them to my headache when it could just be anxiety. Im happy my eye test is a good indicator. I know they're good for when it comes to tumours, but didn't realize they could help with hemorrhages too.

I'll sleep a little easier tonight.

Kayla1992
28-11-16, 10:19
My dad had a brain hemorrhage a few years ago (he is perfectly fine now) and the headaches did not come and go, or start to fade and then come back. It was a gradual build up of pain that continuously got worse over a week before he had to go to hospital. The doctors said that he was lucky to last a week as these things are quick to happen. So if you have been worrying about it for months then I can say there is definitely NOTHING like a hemorrhage happening with you.
I also am pretty confident that an eye test would show it too. One of the first things they did with my dad was look in his eyes and then they sent him straight for a scan.
If you have had a clear eye test then that is further validation that you do NOT have a brain hemorrhage.