PDA

View Full Version : I do it to myself

Gardner3
28-11-16, 17:48
This is a new revelation for me. Granted, I'm a child abuse victim, not to mention an American propaganda victim, and a lot of bad feelings, guilt, anxiety, insecurity etc. were projected into my head. But I had a really bad 6 1/2 hour constant palpitation episode 2 nights ago that began by simply looking at PICTURES of marijuana plants on Google. I mean really, where do these thoughts come from? I do it to myself, but the ideas came form somewhere. So I'm thinking after decades of self-help, psychotherapy, 12 steps groups, books, you-name-it, the problem is with MY thinking, I do it to myself. I can't even describe how much of an "aha" moment this is. It's like, somebody else put this anxiety into me, so it doesn't belong to me, it's not me, so I can just reject it. so now I'm telling myself, Don't be stupid, you're making yourself uncomfortable. You can't trust other people with the contents of your mind, they will only enslave you. This is the unfortunate characteristic about people.

Now all I have to do is put the revelation into practice.

venusbluejeans
28-11-16, 17:53
Hiya Gardner3 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
28-11-16, 20:18
This is a new revelation for me. Granted, I'm a child abuse victim, not to mention an American propaganda victim, and a lot of bad feelings, guilt, anxiety, insecurity etc. were projected into my head. But I had a really bad 6 1/2 hour constant palpitation episode 2 nights ago that began by simply looking at PICTURES of marijuana plants on Google. I mean really, where do these thoughts come from? I do it to myself, but the ideas came form somewhere. So I'm thinking after decades of self-help, psychotherapy, 12 steps groups, books, you-name-it, the problem is with MY thinking, I do it to myself. I can't even describe how much of an "aha" moment this is. It's like, somebody else put this anxiety into me, so it doesn't belong to me, it's not me, so I can just reject it. so now I'm telling myself, Don't be stupid, you're making yourself uncomfortable. You can't trust other people with the contents of your mind, they will only enslave you. This is the unfortunate characteristic about people.

Now all I have to do is put the revelation into practice.

BEAUTIFUL!

I've also had several revelations like this recently.

We are all in our own way. We just need to step aside and move on!