PDA

View Full Version : bad thought

Pet59
29-11-16, 08:22
I saw someone had posted here a while ago, a method how to get rid of bad thoughts but cant find it now!

I am flying tomorrow, hate flying, scares me so much. My thought process at the moment is that I wont come back, something will happen, my partner will be taking the Christmas tree down on his own (!). Last night I had a leg cramp (but not sure if I had it or I dreamt it) and I thought it was a sign I should not fly because of DVT (which I did actually have about 12 years ago).

I do not want to get myself into a state and I am trying to tell myself that my thoughts are only thoughts and I can control them, only I can control them and I need to tell them to bugger off and that I will have a great 4 days away seeing friends and family and celebrating my recent news (recently got engaged)

Any advice appreciated.

SLA
29-11-16, 09:05
Congratulations on the engagement!!

I am trying to tell myself that my thoughts are only thoughts and I can control them

Maybe a slight variation on that?

my thoughts are only thoughts and not the truth, I cannot control them directly bit I can choose whether or not I believe them and give them value

Flying scares me too. One thing that helped is reading loads about flying. It's so safe!!

I was so inspired when I first flew that as soon as I got home I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator and learnt about flying a plane.

Anyway... good luck!