PDA

View Full Version : Broken my finger :-(

KatiePink
29-11-16, 16:46
My hand was against the wall and the staff room door swung back and broke my finger!! :sad:

I'm such a wimp, it hurts like hell and the hospital said it could be weeks and weeks before the cast thing is off, i look like i'm representing the west side the way they have strapped my ring finger and middle finger together! :weep:

Just happy it's not my right hand, my partner is away until Friday so i have nobody to moan to or help me make tea

:emot-fail:

almamatters
29-11-16, 16:51
Aah sending you a hug :hugs: , I broke a finger a few years ago and your right it does blooming hurt! Hope the pain starts to ease off soon.

randomforeigner
29-11-16, 16:54
Understandable about the tea! I fell off a sailing yacht once, and got a 12 inch internal thigh haemorrhage and a broken finger (actually just a crack but it still hurt). Once when I was on crutches (another occasion) I realized you can't even carry the tea cup from the sink to the table, which was in its way one step worse.

Hope you'll be feeling better tomorrow!

KatiePink
29-11-16, 16:57
Thanks guys, painkillers are starting to kick in now thankfully, they all must have thought somebody was giving birth the scream i let out when the door hit :blush: hurt like hell!
Just feel lost and keep going to use this hand when i can't :doh: I hope it's better by Christmas, wrapping and opening gifts with one hand will be pretty dull!

SLA
29-11-16, 17:01
wrapping and opening gifts with one hand will be pretty dull!

This might be my favourite thing I have ever read on here.

It is fantastic on so many levels.

KatiePink
29-11-16, 17:02
This might be my favourite thing I have ever read on here.

It is fantastic on so many levels.

:roflmao:

:weep:

brucealmighty
29-11-16, 17:12
katie if it's any small consolation years ago I came off a motorbike and smashed my right wrist so until it healed I had to learn to wipe my bum left handed. dear god it was like a dog chasing it's tail, very odd like my a*se was hiding when the andrex approached.
hope your fingers better soon.

KatiePink
29-11-16, 19:28
katie if it's any small consolation years ago I came off a motorbike and smashed my right wrist so until it healed I had to learn to wipe my bum left handed. dear god it was like a dog chasing it's tail, very odd like my a*se was hiding when the andrex approached.
hope your fingers better soon.

Hahaha :roflmao: !!

Yes my left hand is pretty useless anyway so you would think i'm not missing much, but you don't realize how much you actually use it until you can't :doh:

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

My hand and arm are burning is that to be expected :weep:

Carnation
29-11-16, 23:55
Probably inflammation KatiePink. The injury tends to swell to protect while healing, but cause a burning sensation. That's why you need the painkillers.
Eventually it will settle and feel less painful. x

Fishmanpa
30-11-16, 01:09
So when people ask you to show them your middle finger you show them and give them and give then the FU (+1) salute? Sorry about the pain and all but that's pretty awesome! :D

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
30-11-16, 04:32
Just happy it's not my right hand, my partner is away until Friday

Can anyone guess what I'm thinking? :ohmy::noangel::winks::roflmao:

Sorry to hear what's happened, Katie. Carnation is right, it's the swelling up as it will start to numb up.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, your BF should be encouraged to get you some gifts to cheer you up :yesyes:

You will have healed a lot by Xmas so will have more use of it back. You might lose a little strength in your hand from not using it but that will soon bounce back in someone younger and squeezing a stress ball every time the numpty who caused it walks past you, instead of thumping them, will soon rebuild your grip strength once the break has healed.

:hugs::flowers:

flipp
30-11-16, 05:12
And you lot thought I was....lol.Try having a broken wrist with your good hand...hope your finger is the bird one Katie...lol:D.

randomforeigner
30-11-16, 05:24
You'll probably get more presents now, for Christmas, everybody feels a little bit sorry for you! :) Nice trick!

KatiePink
30-11-16, 06:33
Can anyone guess what I'm thinking? :ohmy::noangel::winks::roflmao:

Sorry to hear what's happened, Katie. Carnation is right, it's the swelling up as it will start to numb up.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, your BF should be encouraged to get you some gifts to cheer you up :yesyes:

You will have healed a lot by Xmas so will have more use of it back. You might lose a little strength in your hand from not using it but that will soon bounce back in someone younger and squeezing a stress ball every time the numpty who caused it walks past you, instead of thumping them, will soon rebuild your grip strength once the break has healed.

:hugs::flowers:

You messed with my words :roflmao:

Thanks guy's :yesyes: