PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tell me what this means please on colonoscopy report

leesa-x
29-11-16, 20:03
Had colonoscopy today went well but they never gave me any results? I don't know if they took biopsy or anything, I've got colonoscopy report it' says referral reasons ANAEMIA (type microcytic) RECTAL BLEEDING (type Anorectal) ABNORMALITIES & PROCEDURES. 1-lleocaecal valve 2-Terminal ileum. DIAGNOSIS left blank. PROCEDURE COMMENTS Normal to Caecum. Also got two pictures of the bowel or whatever it is & underneath them both it says no finding site Assigned. Just wondering if they found something wouldn't they say there & then? Any advice welcome & appreciated.

brucealmighty
29-11-16, 20:13
you`d need to speak to your doctor or someone at the hospital / clinic rather than ask for opinions on here just in case someone guesses wrong, that way at least you can get the best information possible and put your mind at ease

almamatters
29-11-16, 20:16
Had colonoscopy today went well but they never gave me any results? I don't know if they took biopsy or anything, I've got colonoscopy report it' says referral reasons ANAEMIA (type microcytic) RECTAL BLEEDING (type Anorectal) ABNORMALITIES & PROCEDURES. 1-lleocaecal valve 2-Terminal ileum. DIAGNOSIS left blank. PROCEDURE COMMENTS Normal to Caecum. Also got two pictures of the bowel or whatever it is & underneath them both it says no finding site Assigned. Just wondering if they found something wouldn't they say there & then? Any advice welcome & appreciated.

Glad it went well! Sorry but I have no idea what anything on the report means. I didn't get one, i was just told they had took a few biopsies and I would hear back from them if there was a problem. Sorry I can't help.

Annie0904
29-11-16, 20:25
I would guess that the abnormalities and procedures part is just stating which areas were investigated and the caecum is the other end of the bowel so I guess it is saying it is normal to there. But I am no doctor and that is just how I would read it. You can only know for sure if you speak to your GP.

leesa-x
29-11-16, 20:37
Yes I thought the same when I saw normal to caecum think they would have said wouldn't you lol...but says right right at bottom of report follow up due by 10th of January so maybe I'll get a letter soon ty for replying x

Annie0904
29-11-16, 20:42
Yes they usually explain it all at a follow up appointment. They probably took a biopsy too and the results of that can take a few weeks.
Did you have moviprep? I had one a few years ago and they gave me Fleet which was horrendous. I am due to have another in a few weeks and they have given me moviprep this time but I am panicking because I was so ill with the fleet.

leesa-x
29-11-16, 20:52
you`d need to speak to your doctor or someone at the hospital / clinic rather than ask for opinions on here just in case someone guesses wrong, that way at least you can get the best information possible and put your mind at ease.
Yes I was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant. I should have asked after but was just relieved if was over just wanted to get back to my family & cats. But I'm sure they would have told me if anything. Thank you for replying x

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Yes they usually explain it all at a follow up appointment. They probably took a biopsy too and the results of that can take a few weeks.
Did you have moviprep? I had one a few years ago and they gave me Fleet which was horrendous. I am due to have another in a few weeks and they have given me moviprep this time but I am panicking because I was so ill with the fleet.

I never had that one I had picolax x