PDA

View Full Version : Untreated infection

inha
29-11-16, 20:00
Hello there,
I hope someone can give me some advice... or comfort.
I have this skin infection, it developped from a cut. I tried to treat the cut myself for a month before going to the doctor. It is placed at such a location that I cannot put a bandaid on it, and my clothes rub and tear it everytime I move my legs.
So this first doctor gave me antibiotics and antiseptic. I did everything, and it seemed to get better. However, shortly after I stopped the treatment (I completed the course of antibiotics), I teared the cut again after showering. It got infected again... it's now been one more month.

I went to a second doctor, who gave me a topical corticosteroids, but the instructions clearly read NOT to put it on damaged/thinned/open skin, which perfectly describe my skin, so I haven't used it as I don't trust this doctor. She barely looked at what I have in a dark room and gave me this cream.

Now I do not have any way to see another doctor before saturday or monday... and I am terrified of developping sepsis. I already have the infection, it's lingering for way too long, it hurts and itches.
Tonight I feel very lighthead so my anxiety spiked. I try to tell myself I haven't been sleeping and eating enough... I take my temperature a lot, which is around 36,5 at the mouth, and do realise that my heart rate increases because I'm worried. I've also got chills.

Just... I'm very, very afraid of having sepsis before I can see a proper doctor. I'd welcome any input, I don't think I can just go to the emergency room with this?

Thank you for reading!

KeeKee
29-11-16, 20:33
I'm sorry I can't help much, however I know they say not to use the steroids on open skin but we did with our daughter when she was a baby and had eczema. I also have contact dermatitis which can get pretty nasty at times (looks like very thick papercuts) and the only thing which helps is steroid cream.

Fishmanpa
29-11-16, 20:46
You can also use an OTC antibacterial cut salve like Neosporin.

Positive thoughts