PDA

View Full Version : Please someone

Pet59
29-11-16, 21:17
I'm getting on a flight in six hours, I'm petrified of flying and I've just woken up with chest pains and the runs. I don't know whether to see a doctor. I'm so scared.

SLA
29-11-16, 21:18
Its OK to be scared. Its not a normal thing to go through.

But it is one of the safest things you can do. Safer than car/train/donkey etc.....

EMBRACE IT!

Pet59
29-11-16, 21:30
I'm so scared. I think it's the chest pains scaring me most

Fishmanpa
29-11-16, 21:31
Xanax baby... Xanax ;) That's if you have it... It helped me through some real rough times the last three months with my wife's illness.

Positive thoughts

Pet59
29-11-16, 21:46
I might have to try something like that. I fear something will happen to me up there and no one can help, I fear something happening the plane, I fear taking ill, I just hate it and with it comes the physical symptoms too. I can't stop crying.

Gary A
29-11-16, 21:48
Have you ever tried getting any help with your fear of flying? There are tonnes of good websites and YouTube videos you could watch to help calm you for now, but in the long term it may be worth seeing if you can take any courses or something like that.

Pet59
29-11-16, 21:51
Since July I've had 8 "good" flights which basically means I didn't cry!! Before it was all about something happening the plane. Now it seems to be all about something happening me

Gary A
29-11-16, 21:55
Since July I've had 8 "good" flights which basically means I didn't cry!! Before it was all about something happening the plane. Now it seems to be all about something happening me

8 flights since July is a lot, you must fly very often. It really would be worth your while trying to get some kind of therapy to get a handle on this. Fear of flying, while understandable, is one of the most irrational phobias out there. At any given time, there are roughly 10,000 flights in the air, yet plane crashes are so incredibly rare that they make headline news.

Of course, statistics rarely matter to a phobic mind, so try to get yourself some help with it.

SLA
29-11-16, 22:15
8 flights!?

GTFO