PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing.

zippy
30-11-16, 09:30
Any tips on how to relax at night? I have tried listening to meditation podcasts and mindfulness but has soon as they start talking i feel more anxious. I can't seem to relax and zone out even if i listen to it for an hour. The more i try and concentrate on what they are saying the more anxious i get. I have constantly got a tight tense feeling in my body and i am not sleeping hardly even though i am shattered.

swajj
30-11-16, 09:45
I don't know about relaxing but a method I use to get to sleep is boredom. My psych told me that the reason people can fall asleep so easily in front of the tele is because whatever is on, it doesn't matter. On the other hand, when we go to bed we start thinking about all the stuff that does matter. Whether it's bills, work, children, our health etc it matters very much so it stops us from getting to sleep. His advice was to think about absolutely boring things like digging up the garden (sorry gardeners lol) that's what he did. It is similar to something Claire Weekes says in one of her books. She suggests focusing on a noise like the traffic outside and staying focused on that. I tried thinking about gardening and it worked but I got so bored after a few nights that I switched on the fan and focused on the noise it makes. It usually works.