PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pain and Nausea

Better days
30-11-16, 14:34
Hi most days for weeks I get chest discomfort and nausea. I started taking setraline just over 2 weeks ago and still feeling the same. Eases sometimes in the evening. Any advice be greatly appreciated.

hanshan
30-11-16, 14:47
It's a physical symptom that may be psychologically caused, maybe not. Only a doctor can make that decision, so you should see one if it continues. If there is no physical basis, you must deal with that. Sertraline alone is not necessarily a cause or a cure.

Better days
30-11-16, 15:36
Hi hanshan. I have had ecg and chest X-ray and all clear. I know the anti-d may not be the causing, I'm guessing I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance that this is caused because of my anxieties.

nomorepanic
30-11-16, 21:17
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

hanshan
01-12-16, 07:57
Anti-depressants can cause nausea - I don't know about chest discomfort. And depending on the anti-depressant and how your body reacts, side effects can last four weeks or more before you start seeing any improvements with anxiety. If it's tolerable, it's best to persevere, and better days may be ahead.