PDA

View Full Version : Please help

hypochonriac12
30-11-16, 21:30
Hi! My name is Lizzie and I'm very concerned. Let me start by telling you that I am possibly the biggest hypochondriac- not by choice. Example - I had never had sex but was 99% positive I wasn pregnant even though it was physically impossible. Don't call me crazy. My parents both suffer from anxiety and depression although they take medicine. Right now, they are going through a divorce and this has been the hardest time of my life - nothing has been easy these past few months and unfortunately, I am having a hard time thinking about the future and what life will be like (due to my anxiety). I can feel myself falling into depression when i catch myself at random times starting to cry. This is my current problem- I think I have diabetes. Trust me when I say that i think i know all of the symptoms. 3 months ago, none of this was happening or at least I didn't realize it. instead of waking up with a positive attitude- i wake up every morning and start my day by looking for symptoms. I have not had any kind of sudden weight change, I am not thirsty frequently, and I do not urinate an excessive amount. But, I have been seeing stars and changes in my vision over the last month and i'm guessing that could be a sign that my prescription needs to be changed- but since it is a symptom of diabetes- i'm concerned. Along with that, at randoms times in the day/ my foot will suddenly "fall asleep" but only for a few seconds and although this is a symptom of hypochondriasis/ anxiety, i'm convinced it is diabetes. sometimes I catch my hands shaking and i think it is low blood sugar but then i work my self up and have a panic attack (which could also be from my anxiety) I don't have dark spots under my armpit a or on my calves and i don't usually have a dry mouth. But rencebtly, whenever i go to the bathroom, I start to think that is is too frequently and i get the feeling i have to pee when i don't (anxiety) and whenever i take a sip of water, i think that it could be excessive thirst. I literally wake up EVERY single morning with this horrible mindset and I truly don't know what to do The issue is I REFUSE to go to the doctors because of a fear of what the results could be. My blood pressure is normal and i'm a little overweight. I'm young and don't want to go on medicine for anxiety because of fear of addiction. My life feels as if it is falling apart and i'm just sitting here- scared deathlessly. Please someone give me some guidance on my problems. i need comfort

Catherine S
30-11-16, 21:41
Hi Lizzie, sorry you're going through this right now. When you say you're quite young, does the number 12 in your username tell us that's your age? How old are you can I ask?

ISB x

hypochonriac12
30-11-16, 22:07
I am 15.

Catherine S
30-11-16, 23:29
Ah I see, well you're still at high school then yes? Is there not a counsellor there or a trusted teacher who you can talk to? The problems between you and your parents is an age old one and both sides will have a different take on things. But suffering from health anxiety isn't great I know...it's bad enough being a teenager without that extra burden. I also understand your reluctance to visit the doctor and admire your strength of mind not to go down the medication route but to try and deal with this without drugs, however, there are some really effective natural remedies available in pharmacies and health shops, where you could maybe have a talk to the pharmacist about something herbal or flower based. Also, don't forget that hormones can play a big part in anxiety symptoms and mental health, so it might be worth reading up on that side of things to see if there may be a connection.

And obviously stick around on here, because there are lots of people here of all ages who feel just as you do, and who you can talk to at any time.

Take care
ISB x