PDA

View Full Version : Grinding sounds when moving neck sometimes also a habit I have

Lockey1995
30-11-16, 22:17
Hey,

So I'm not terribly worried about this but when I get tense abs sometimes move my neck left and right sometimes pops and clicks and you can hear a grinding sound seems to come on when I get tense and anxious bit sometimes without.

Any way had this habit for a while and got it now basicallly my neck gets really tense and I don't know if it's OCD or wha but I keep shaking my head left and right quite fast and sometimes just slowly anyone else have this :(

I would really like to stop It

randomforeigner
01-12-16, 05:04
Have you tried visiting a naprapath or massa... massager.. masseur (I don' know the right word for it but you probably get it)?

I had a colleague once who did that, he was shaking his head like that, he was a programmer and sat still all day long, programming. Only natural.

AnxietySuckss
01-12-16, 09:49
I have a grinding sound when I move my neck around too. I noticed it a year or two ago and it still worries me a bit today but it doesn't give me my health anxiety. It feels like its right at the very top of where my neck connects with my skull. I'm not an expert but I think we'll both be okay!!

axolotl
01-12-16, 10:16
I have a clicking noise at the base of my skull, which I can sometimes hear when I'm walking. I had a neurology appoint once and mentioned it was told it was just normal "wear and tear".

Fishmanpa
01-12-16, 19:18
When I turn my head it sounds like I'm crumpling paper! ~lol~

Positive thoughts