PDA

View Full Version : Hello : )

Kara Host
01-12-16, 01:46
Hi everyone. My name is Kara. I'm very in need of help at the moment, if anyone is willing. So, I am anxious. That's an understatement too. But anyway, my teacher is taking up forms for a field trip TOMORROW that's hundreds of miles away. I honestly do not want to stay at school at watch stupid movies and do work while everyone else is there, in the mountains, camping, MINING FOR GOLD, and having fun. Now don't get me wrong, I adore the outdoors. But this is FIVE HUNDRED MILES AWAY. I can't do that. Is there anything that can help reduce my anxiety enough to go on this trip? I plan on ordering a coping sleeve from cophicsleeve.com, but will that be enough? I hope to find many helpful friends here. :hugs:

venusbluejeans
01-12-16, 01:52
Hiya Kara Host and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Catherine S
01-12-16, 02:33
Hi Kara, you mention on another thread that you are only 11years old. The minimum age on the forum is 13 so you might have a bit of a way to go yet, but If you are suffering anxiety, can you not have a chat to your mom, or somebody else you can trust to share your feelings with. This forum is great, but might be a bit scary for a wee lass of 11 :)

ISB x

Kara Host
01-12-16, 02:39
Don't worry. You may say I'll get scared, and trust me I will. And when I do, I will cope. My favorite word - cope. BTW, just to avoid further complications, I don't live with my mother, or father, or grandmother, or grandfather. I live with an uptight uncle and he has no helpful words to say to me and he never will. But hey, when mom gets back into town, I will talk to her, and until then, I thank you for you help. But I think I need just a little more. Thanks X

Catherine S
01-12-16, 02:52
Just to let you know Kara, the welcome message from one of the administrators called Venusbluejeans, is a standard message triggered automatically whenever anybody joins the forum, and isn't a sign that you have been accepted. As I have said , you are 11 years old and one of the forum rules is the minimum age has to be 13, or the person who owns nmp will be in a lot of trouble.

I'm really sorry about your home situation and it's obvious you need somebody to help you, but this forum isn't really suitable for an 11 yr old girl. I'm not trying to be mean spirited honestly Kara, I wouldn't like to think of my daughter joining a forum that's mostly adults with serious mental health issues at your age. If i'm honest, i'm uncomfortable with the idea of 13 yr old children being able to join but icdon't make the rules.

Take care
Cath ☺ x

randomforeigner
01-12-16, 04:36
In my country (Sweden) there are special childrens' forums, maybe there is in the US too? Somebody might have a link?

Kara Host
01-12-16, 13:24
:unsure: