PDA

View Full Version : I think I know I have a brain tumour

duke27
01-12-16, 10:31
My grandma sadly passed away from a brain tumour... I am so convinced ive got one. I feel fatigued I've lost weight I have twitches in my neck which makes my head jolt I get strange headaches I am so tired I have funny tingling crawling sensations in my body all over it and I have painful spots on my head and burning tingling sensations on my head. I get night sweats and I feel extremely dizzy and off balance all the time with massive vertigo like spells. I also have episodes of not being able to talk or think or anything and I also get it where I am feeling like I'm not here. Totally convinced ive got a tumour 😟 most days I feel do fatigued I can hardly so anything x

axolotl
01-12-16, 10:41
First of all very sorry to hear about your grandma, that must have been a difficult time.

In terms of saying "you know you have a brain tumour", where did you go to medical school? Because I'm presuming you didn't, and you so don't have the power to know these things. In fact, seeing as you're young and also experiencing mild symptoms that could most if not all be put down to anxiety/stress, it's very unlikely.

Have you seen a doctor about these fears? If they think there's even any chance of a problem they'll send you to a neurologist to be checked out, and put your mind at ease. But I honestly don't think anyone would be jumping to brain tumour from those symptoms.

Gary A
01-12-16, 10:58
My grandma sadly passed away from a brain tumour... I am so convinced ive got one. I feel fatigued I've lost weight I have twitches in my neck which makes my head jolt I get strange headaches I am so tired I have funny tingling crawling sensations in my body all over it and I have painful spots on my head and burning tingling sensations on my head. I get night sweats and I feel extremely dizzy and off balance all the time with massive vertigo like spells. I also have episodes of not being able to talk or think or anything and I also get it where I am feeling like I'm not here. Totally convinced ive got a tumour 😟 most days I feel do fatigued I can hardly so anything x

Go to a doctor then. :shrug:

We can offer you all the reassurance and comforting words in the world, but if you're already convinced then I don't see what anyone can really say to you.

Get yourself to a doctor and get it dealt with.

duke27
01-12-16, 11:27
I have been to a doctor many many times and they never do any tests just say its anxiety

Gary A
01-12-16, 11:34
I have been to a doctor many many times and they never do any tests just say its anxiety

So you've already had a diagnosis but you're chasing another one? Why?

Anxiety causes all of the things you mention, and a quick glance at your post history suggests you clearly are a hugely anxious person.

Sydney100
01-12-16, 11:43
There are many more symptoms than u are experiencing if u had a brain tumour. I think u need to go to the Dr and tell them honestly ur fear. I'm sure they will put ur mind atvrest

axolotl
01-12-16, 12:28

Then they're confident it's anxiety.

Fishmanpa
01-12-16, 12:54

You say "I think I know I have a brain tumor" which indicates doubt and you're also posting on this site so somewhere deep down you know it's anxiety and you're just seeking reassurance which again is a HA trait ;)

Positive thoughts