PDA

View Full Version : In ESA support grp but rec'd a letter re phone interview!

xBettyBoopx
01-12-16, 11:12
Hello

Am worried now. Just received a letter from Jobcentreplus that they have arranged a telphone interview with a personal adviser to discuss the support available to me. It says that I must be available and answer the phone on the date and time!!

I am in the support group of ESA until September 2017 when they will assess me again.

About 8 months ago I received a letter from them about going for an interview but I googled and found out that I didn't have to go and to just call them and tell them so. So now although I am in the support group which is where they don't think it's possible for me to go back to work, I am now expected to speak to a personal advisor about the possibility of going into paid work!

These people make ya more anxious, don't they?

Anyone know what's going on before I ring them?

Thanks in advance. I will also google to see what's going on because I know that they change things often!!

Antonio2301
01-12-16, 21:32
Did you manage to find any info ? I came across this on a forum I use

Even in support group they can ASK you to attend the jobcentre for a WFI but they can't MAKE you.

Give the jobcentre a ring and tell them that you wont be attending because you are in support group.

BTW. If that letter says that the appointment is 'Mandatory' then it is illegal and you should point that out to them as well

I'd give them a ring if you can as soon as possible. You are in the support group so they shouldn't be bothering you from what I gather .
Antonio

xBettyBoopx
01-12-16, 22:23
Thanks for replying and the information Antonio.

I didn't find anything about the phone interview, I found a lot about attending an interview at the jobcentreplus which isn't the same. I just wondered why they had said that I MUST be available and answer the phone at the date and time! I have to find out whether it is actually ok to say that I will not talk to them, so I have to know whether they can make me! I'm not being stubborn about it, if I had anything to say to them I would speak but I feel awkward and anxious, I never answer my phone anyway because I don't feel comfortable talking to people that I don't know. I'm in my 60th year ffs I'm too old for this hassle!! :mad::mad:

Thanks again for replying and information.

Antonio2301
01-12-16, 22:46
I just had another look and I don't think you've much to worry about .I'll give you this direct link rather than posting it here .It looks like the adviser might just want to see how you're doing and if there's any support they can offer you . They should really be a bit more precise in their letter as to exactly what the phone call is for as there's a large number of claimants that don't like to answer the phone unless they know who's calling .It might help to have a read

http://www.youreable.com/forums/showthread.php/12457-ESA-telephone-interview

xBettyBoopx
02-12-16, 00:13
I just had another look and I don't think you've much to worry about .I'll give you this direct link rather than posting it here .It looks like the adviser might just want to see how you're doing and if there's any support they can offer you . They should really be a bit more precise in their letter as to exactly what the phone call is for as there's a large number of claimants that don't like to answer the phone unless they know who's calling .It might help to have a read

http://www.youreable.com/forums/showthread.php/12457-ESA-telephone-interview

Thanks for that Antonio :)

Antonio2301
02-12-16, 00:17
No worries, hopefully you can get it sorted with them .
Antonio