PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Perpetual
01-12-16, 14:39
Hi guys,
I'm Dan, a 28 year man from the Netherlands. I've been having anxiety issues for most of life, but all very manageable. People never suspected anything. I once had to present myself for my new class at uni, my heartbeat was around 160bpm, but I managed to hide it. I was told afterwards I just looked calm, serious and maybe slightly annoyed.
But all changed two years ago. I had a very extreme panic attack and one thing led to another; I became agoraphobic and anxious, all the time. I have done different therapies, tried medicine and relaxation techniques.
It's becoming difficult to find hope. I have been continuously on edge for the last two years (around 26months), with lots of symptoms I will probably mention somewhere else. It also doesn't help that I live in a very stressful home (moved back to my mother's place), with daily [verbal] fights.
As many of you will have experienced, most people have no idea how to deal with someone with these problems. "It's just in your head, drink a beer!" or "why don't you go date someone, that should make things better".

Anyway, this is the introduction section. Not a place to write my daily problems :)

I have never yet searched for help on the internet, but as I'm having no one to talk to about this, I feel this might be a good place to start.

venusbluejeans
01-12-16, 14:53
Hiya Perpetual and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
01-12-16, 16:18
Hi Dan glad you have joined us you have come to the right place hope you get the answers you need :)

Perpetual
01-12-16, 19:14
Thanks guys! :)