PDA

View Full Version : meniers disease

sweet_gem
07-04-07, 10:50
hi all iv been a member for 4 years with my bad panic attacks now iv got meiers disease which is making me so ill the anxiety is worse the deppresion is worse my eyes feel so wierd when imlooking i hold my body stiff does any one else suffer with there eyes and movement god i need help

belle
07-04-07, 14:37
I have Ménière's disease, and so does my mother and my sister!

Apparently in your ear there's a teeny tiny little section with fluid in it that regulates your balance and when that's all wonky, that is what causes the eyes to feel like you're off balance, but initally, it an ear issue.

Do you have medication for it? I have a pills called Serc and Stemetil, both are very effective for this problem.

I in fact had a very bad day last week where i could hardly move. It felt like i was on a ship in really bad weather. If you don't have medication to help, the only thing i can suggest it just to sit really still. I know its a horrible illness to have and it occurs out of the blue (not unlike panic!).

I hope this has helped.

Sarah

JulieAs45
07-04-07, 15:31
Hi,

I too have been diagnosed with menieres and get similar symptoms to both of you. I totally understand the being on a boat feeling and the problems with eyes. Its not nice and so similar to the symtoms of panic I have had before which make it difficult to know which it is some days.

I have medication called Betahistine tablets, they are supposed to be very good but to be honest i dont take them as am already on other tablets for anx and choose to just ride it out i know if its a menieres attack that it wont last too long.

I was told symptoms of menieres only last a few hours but i think sometimes i have symptoms for a lot longer than that although cos it is distressing think brings on a lot of anxiety for me.

Hope this helps that you aren't alone.:hugs:

Take care.
Juliex

sweet_gem
07-04-07, 19:55
hi there i would like to chat with you i dont feel alone now but i feel awful and dont know how to cope my eyes av puffed up iv no balance i feel shit as though iv an infection i also have tinitus in one ear which i can cope with but when does all this get better how long haveyou both been suffering i just want a bit of normal time if you no what i mean

sweet_gem
07-04-07, 19:58
by the way yes m on serc tablets 3 a day

JulieAs45
08-04-07, 14:28
hi there i would like to chat with you i dont feel alone now but i feel awful and dont know how to cope my eyes av puffed up iv no balance i feel shit as though iv an infection i also have tinitus in one ear which i can cope with but when does all this get better how long haveyou both been suffering i just want a bit of normal time if you no what i mean

Hi Gem

Am happy to talk to you about it although my menieres is not bad all the time, can tell you what my consultant told me tho if that helps and how i feel if having an attack.

I am usually in chatroom in evenings so come in and i will give you my msn addy or we can have chat there.

Take Care
Julie x

clarissa
08-04-07, 19:49
May I suggest that you try Thermo-Auricular Therapy treatment. Contact a therapist near you - (enquiries@thermo-auricular.com) give them your post code and they will tell you a therapist near you. I had this and the therapist was super, she came everyday for a week and I have only ever had it once since and that was after a very bad cold. When I had it I felt drunk, my bed was spinning, the room was going the other way and all the furniture was going in wavy lines, IF I moved I felt very very sick. Tablets did not really do much apart from making me have a very dry mouth, - even drier than in a panic attack - the Dr. told me he had had good reports of this treatment. So I now have a three monthly treatment. Try it it is so relaxing.