PDA

View Full Version : Dull/Intermittent Pains in Left Arm?

ruydemag
01-12-16, 23:44
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum. I hope somebody can give me some relief from this.

Two weeks ago, I started having pains in my left arm. They would come and go very fast and appear in other parts of the body like my legs and right shoulder. Three days ago, I woke up to a dull pain in my left upper arm that would radiate to my left hand and shoulder. I still have the pain. It comes and goes in 5m-10m intervals and don't seem to get better or worse by moving. As of yesterday, I'm also getting pins and needles sensations completely at random in my arm, hands, face, and feet. I went to see my cardiologist who told me my EKG and blood work looked fine. I had an echo and an stress EKG in May during a routine visit and told me everything was normal. My cholesterol is good too. I went to the ER yesterday with the pain and they said the same.

Could my anxiety/hypochondria be causing this? Can you feel pains that aren't actually there? I do suffer from health anxiety and have convinced myself I have brain cancer and ALS before. It's just that the pain is so real. I feel I can barely function normally.

I am only 22, but I have gained a lot of weight over the past 3 years. I was 203lbs in 2016 and found out I'm clocking at 289lbs yesterday. I do smoke and drink, but have made an effort to quit both. Even so, my doctor says it's very improvable for me to have blockage as my tests were good and my blood pressure is fine. I started dieting and exercising again today.

I hope some of you can reassure me back to peace :)

Thank you!

-Ruy

Fishmanpa
02-12-16, 14:43
Certainly your lifestyle could be impacting your physical health but your doctor told you flat out what you need to do to alleviate it. The decision to start now while you're young is a good one.

Positive thoughts

Scottish_Jason
05-12-16, 21:27
Pain down the left arm can indeed be a symptom of anxiety. Happens to me almost every time I have a panic attack, in fact I can kinda feel it just now and I'm not overly anxious right now. If your test came back normal it's likely just anxiety, but of course make sure you tell your doctor if it continues.