PDA

View Full Version : I Need Advice/Help

SaoirseD
02-12-16, 03:03
Hello my name is Saoirse and I need help.

I have diagnosed PTSD, Depression and GAD.

I young but have been married for almost 2 years now. My husband's parents hate me and think I am a freak because of panic attacks I have had, and social anxiety I have.

Anyways, my husband just let me know that his little brother will be staying with us tomorrow and for the next 3 days. I am panicking. I'll tell you why. I have no idea why, but I hate all of his family members. I know this is a horrible thing to feel, but I feel so incredibly scared, angry and panicked when I am around any of them. I DO NOT want to feel like this, if I had a choice I would be sweet and caring and kind (I am to everyone else but them). Since he is coming to our tiny apartment I have nowhere to retreat to, I am panicking. I feel like the feelings I get around them are of overwhelming anger and fear. It's like a tornado, I have no control over it, even though I want to so badly. My husband hates me for this, and I hate myself for it to. I don't know why to do. His brother has never been mean to me, only his parents, so why am so INCREDIBLY afraid and irratated towards him?

I need help

venusbluejeans
02-12-16, 03:09
Hiya SaoirseD and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

randomforeigner
02-12-16, 04:11
Just go with the flow. Pretend you're a hostess or receptionist at a fancy hotel, and that it's just quirky guests you're dealing with, if this helps. It's just for three days (albeit very long days). Try to go for a walk every morning so you get some time for yourself.

SaoirseD
02-12-16, 05:19
Thankyou I will try that.

straylight
03-12-16, 08:10
Do you actually 100% know your husband hates you for this? Has he outright told you? Could it be that you're "mind reading" and thinking "I hate me for this, he must hate me too"? Your husband is with you for a reason, perhaps try to think of any of the reasons you felt it was a good idea to get married.

There's a phrase, "after three days, fish and house guests start to smell". Perhaps ensure your husband knows there's a time limit on your patience so you've got a goal. When the brother's around, is there anywhere you could send him to investigate? Like, if it's his first time in the city, is there a museum or something he (or you, or the pair of you) could go and look at?

randomforeigner
03-12-16, 09:06
On a totally unrelated subject, I came to think about an issue which has been much debated in my country, which is honour related violence. In Sweden there's an organization called GAPF (http://gapf.se/en/) I'm quite sure they could relate contacts to anybody needing help from similar organisations in the UK. The organization is created in memory of two young women, Pela Atroshi and Fadime Sahindal, who were very well-known in my country. I put the post here in case someone is casually browsing this forum and need the information.

Thatirishguy17
03-12-16, 09:31
Hi Saoirse,

Try get out of the apartment and go for a walk if your starting to feel panicky. hope it goes well for you and welcome im new here to!!