PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a relapsed panicker

straylight
02-12-16, 23:43
Hi All, just showing my face.

In the early 2000s I had my first panic attack and over several years subtly went from being totally confident and enthusiastic about travelling the world, to a prisoner of my own fear and unable to leave my ever decreasing comfort zone.

Fast forward to 2010 and I moved house, started a job I loved and started life anew. Five years of glorious freedom from panic. I knew I still had a few things that freaked me out, but I could live with them.

Then this year I've relapsed back into being so fearful I'm being sick and shivering. I really hope this is just a blip on an otherwise happy recovery. If not, then I'd wish it was something obvious and tangible like a vitamin deficiency which would explain it all away.

TL;DR: Was fine, broke and stayed broken for years; was fine again; back to being broken.

venusbluejeans
02-12-16, 23:49
Hiya straylight and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thatirishguy17
03-12-16, 09:33
Hi straylight,

I know the feeling had 4 great years painc and anxiety free now im in a bad place with health anxiety. hope you can get back to yourself soon

almamatters
03-12-16, 18:28
:welcome: to the forum straylight