PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling it

Andy1718
03-12-16, 08:05
So for those who know me it's been 7 months on cit from work related stress. Been ok from where I was but the last 5 days have been tough. I seem to go to work with a lot of stress and tension in my body. Is it right that I feel incredibly anxious before I go to work. The meetings the teaching are tough and for the first time for a while I can feel the adrenaline in my arms again. Can't seem to calm my body or come down from a tense anxious state. When I teach it seems to go a little bit is always present. Can the cit where off? I have propranolol for stressful situations but do not want to rely on this. Maybe it's just the job that creates the stress? I am still doing meditation and trying to calm myself. Just disappointed that I seem to have a relapse.

Mummytofour
03-12-16, 10:27
Hi Andy, have you thought about going back to your gp and letting them know what's going on. Maybe you need an increase in cit. Am I right in thinking your on 20mg?. This is the lowest therapeutic dose and maybe not quite enough for you. I feel quite a bit better on 20mg but not all the way back to myself and sometimes I struggle to keep anxiety away still. I upped to 30mg last night as my doc had said to increase but she was happy for me to do it whenever I was ready. There is a big difference between 20mg and 30mg as I have been on cit before and was back to me again on 30mg.

Maxine

Becky2785
03-12-16, 17:17
Hi andy I'm have been on cit for the same as you and this past week I've been feeling the same not sure if it's the stress at work and Xmas or Wat but I feel truly gutted was doing so well trying to think positive but it is hard here if u need to talk
Becky xx

Andy1718
03-12-16, 22:03
Thanks Becky x
Feeling a little calmer today.