PDA

View Full Version : after image or hallucination?

helenhoo
03-12-16, 09:30
Sorry i know i said this was resolved but i'm still worried (because ive allowed myself to be) main reason i deleted last post was because i could see it getting nasty

So, sitting dads desk on computer, look out the door to my right, then at floor (daydreaming type) and i saw lighter coloured than the floor bloc moving downwards then disappear.the floor is dark and the after image was lighter.

I just worry it was a hallucination. I was mid convo on the time too and didn't act weirdly.

swajj
03-12-16, 09:45
ooh ahh sounds like it was an hallucination. What are you going to do now?

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Do you teach article an before a noun that starts with a vowel? Just curious. :lac::whistles:

Gary A
03-12-16, 09:48

Do you teach article an before a noun that starts with a vowel? Just curious. :lac::whistles:

No point, she absolutely will not listen or care what you think.

swajj
03-12-16, 09:54
"vowel sound"

I know that Gary. I just figure that as she won't be dissuaded I may as well agree with her and see where that goes. lol

brucealmighty
03-12-16, 09:54
more importantly how was the snooker? and does your game improve steadily the more you drink? I've found my pool and snooker is helped by ale whereas darts can become downright dangerous.

helenhoo
03-12-16, 09:56

Does your sentence make little sense on purpose because.... :shrug:

I teach children, my phone as mentioned previously has a weird funny keyboard and doesn't autocorrect which when typing quickly is a Godsend. Stop nit picking.

Gary A
03-12-16, 09:57
more importantly how was the snooker? and does your game improve steadily the more you drink? I've found my pool and snooker is helped by ale whereas darts can become downright dangerous.

I'm not very good to begin with, but no, the more alcohol I consume the more likely I am to rip the table. I think my highest break last night was 13. :lac:

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

Does your sentence make little sense on purpose because.... :shrug:

I teach children, my phone as mentioned previously has a weird funny keyboard and doesn't autocorrect which when typing quickly is a Godsend. Stop nit picking.

Stop nitpicking?

Carlsberg don't do irony, but if they did....

brucealmighty
03-12-16, 10:03
oddly at our local a really old game has come back called shove ha'penny where you slide a coin across the table in 3 goes and have to stop it on the edge then flip it up and catch it. now that is tricky after a few shandies!

swajj
03-12-16, 10:04
What grade do you teach?

helenhoo
03-12-16, 10:12
My posts always go off topic don't worry.

I teach kindergarten/reception which is four, five year olds. I had been covering a class of older pupils.

swajj
03-12-16, 10:14
And when you go back to Korea tomorrow?

randomforeigner
03-12-16, 10:14
I'm not sure if this thread has gone entirely off-topic, but... when I went to school (at approximately age 11) me and my friends found it very funny to stare like crazy at an inverted flag for some minutes, and then get the hallucination of the flag with it's proper colours.... hilarious isn't it? (not particularly, no, not at age 52, no).

Try it yourself, now!

brucealmighty
03-12-16, 10:30
can I formally say here and now that if helen posts that she was staring at this flag image then looked away at a blank wall and could still see the flag but kinda different and is freaking out - I think we can all take it as we are being taken for mugs.
best of luck for south Korea, both the children and the nation as a whole.

helenhoo
03-12-16, 10:35
Haha, I am able to hold it back from the kids. Not like I gather them all around to discuss which of my freckles looks odd...

swajj
03-12-16, 10:36
lol

flipp
03-12-16, 10:44
Good one Helen,nice to see your sense of humour.:D.

helenhoo
03-12-16, 18:08
So even with my more detailed explanation it doesn't sound like an hallucination?

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

?

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Someone please acknowledge in response to my more detailed post.

And no, dont hijack my post calling me spoilt or accusing me of taking time from other posters.

Shazamataz
03-12-16, 20:10
It's an afterimage. Happens all the time if you look at somewhere lighter, like out a window and then look somewhere dark. Your eyes need a chance to adjust.

https://www.verywell.com/what-is-an-afterimage-2795828

helenhoo
03-12-16, 21:56
Thank you for that link :)