PDA

View Full Version : Setraline Nearly 3 weeks In....Advice Please

Better days
03-12-16, 11:24
Hi. I been on Setraline now for approaching 3 weeks and still not great improvement. I'm managing to eat now, although I don't feel hungry which is an improvement from first 10 days when couldn't stomach looking at food. But still not sleeping well, and get all anxiety symptoms, sore head, discomfort in chest, stomach issues etc Is this still normal after nearly 3 weeks? Making my head do the usual maybe it not anxiety I have, What if!!

emmegee
03-12-16, 11:36
Have you asked your doctor? I have been on and off of sertraline for twenty years. In my experience, starting sertraline is touqh. I have to start very low and slowly increase the dose, since it can cause anxiety when starting it. It also takes several weeks to "kick in".

sammie13s
03-12-16, 12:06
I'm the same. Been on them 3 weeks. 50mg and I'm getting worse. I also take mitazipine 30mg. Feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown. Really agitated by noise and everything freaking me out. Heart racing and shaking constantly. What dose you taking? X

Fishmanpa
03-12-16, 18:36
My recollection with taking Zoloft (I was on 100mg) was interesting in that I personally didn't feel any different aside from a dodgy stomach/bowel. Others however, noticed a positive difference in me about 3-4 weeks in. It was simple things like how I responded to a "How are you?" or reacted to a stressful situation. The meds for me were like a crutch that helped me to walk until I gained enough strength to do so on my own. That in conjunction with therapy helped me out of some depression after my 1st heart attack/bypass.

It takes a few weeks to a month or more before you start seeing/feeling results. I would say you're right on the cusp of starting to see those results. Keep on going for another couple of weeks and then, if you're still struggling, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts