PDA

View Full Version : Please stop me before I Google -spot or node??

LF87
04-12-16, 19:45
Yesterday I noticed a red area with a spot/lump on my groin on the left side. I haven't given it too much over thinking until now and just realised we have lymph nodes there! It is a hard oval shape, but it's red/purple like a spot and it's risen. I do get ingrown hairs around there (so sorry for that overshare), but I'm totally panicking that I have C it's spread to the nodes.
Please help me

nomorepanic
04-12-16, 19:59
Sounds more like a boil or cyst type thing. Lymph nodes are not red like spots.

LF87
04-12-16, 20:21
Thank you. I'm rationalising by telling myself it wouldn't have a red / purple colour if it was the lymph nodes but I'm not sure. Also would it be risen?
I'm really worried
Thanks

Kathryn313
04-12-16, 20:40
Relax.
Go do something else, preferably away from a computer.
Read a book, go for a walk, anything to distract yourself for a short amount if time.

I am about to take my own advice as feel a spiral coming on.

Best wishes.

LF87
04-12-16, 21:02
Yeah I'm gonna do that too, thanks
I'm just trying to get some extra rational thoughts or anyone had anything similar?
Thank you

Fishmanpa
04-12-16, 21:05
LF... do a search on the site. You'll find pages of similar issues. Look at the bottom of your page and you'll see other similar posts listed. As Nic said, it's probably just a ingrown hair/pimple/boil. Cancer doesn't present that way despite what Dr. Google tells you. Maybe put a hot compress on it to help bring it to a head so you can drain it.

Positive thoughts

LF87
04-12-16, 21:26
Thank you Fishman.
So glad you're still on this site, you helped me out years ago and you're still here helping people, it's lovely.
I'm in a bit of a relapse but hoping once I feel better I can start helping others out too.
Thank you

LF87
05-12-16, 21:07
Sorry for this overshare (again). Last night I put a hot compress on it and squeezed it and stuff did come out..does that mean it's a spot? Just because it still doesn't hurt and it's still pretty hard?

Fishmanpa
05-12-16, 21:09
That means it's exactly what everyone thought it was.

Positive thoughts

LF87
05-12-16, 21:20
Thanks Fishman.
So you couldn't squeeze out lymph node fluid could you ? I don't even know if that's possible, I'm just trying to rationalise that it's a spot..
Thanks

Fishmanpa
05-12-16, 21:23
Thanks Fishman.
So you couldn't squeeze out lymph node fluid could you ? I don't even know if that's possible, I'm just trying to rationalise that it's a spot..
Thanks

With respect LF... That doesn't even warrant an answer :doh:

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
05-12-16, 21:26
It's a spot/boil/cyst

LF87
05-12-16, 21:55
Thank you guys, yeah that was maybe a bit of a wild notion! Hopefully it'll go down soon x

LF87
07-12-16, 01:08
I'm panicking over this again. I can Actually pick this spot thing up and move it around a bit, that's not good is it? Some more watery/pus stuff has come out but it isn't really going down and I'm really thinking it might be a serious lump.
Can anyone help me?

---------- Post added at 01:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Anyone? I'm in panic mode. If it was anything sinister would stuff come out of it? It's just weird that I can feel like the actual outline of it under the skin, it's rubbery

NancyW
07-12-16, 01:30
Sounds like a cyst to me.

What's a "spot" ? I read that here from time to time, do you mean a pimple?

LF87
07-12-16, 01:42
Yeah a pimple. I've gone on a Google frenzy and can't stop :( Panicking over all sorts now. It wouldn't ooze if it was cancerous / lymph node would it?

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

I read somewhere just now that you could squeeze a lymph node, but then others say it wouldn't be possible. I'm shaking thinking I have a swollen lymph node now

NancyW
07-12-16, 01:47
Give it a rest!

No matter WHAT it is, it's not going to go down if you keep poking and squeezing and pulling on it.

Schesch man, think about that.

There's no demon forcing your hand to search google...

Just stop.

LF87
07-12-16, 08:10
Nancy W I'm struggling to see how your response was helpful? You said there's no demon forcing your hand, actually you're wrong. The compulsion to check is very much the nature of the beast with HA.

NancyW
07-12-16, 14:03
You're not going to tell me anything about HA that I don't already know..

Go back and read the 2 pages of this thread, you've been reassured and reassured and it's done.. no good.

No one here can help you unless you're willing to pitch in and help too...

You may have a "compulsion" to google.. no one or nothing is forcing you to do it.

Go for a walk... call a friend.. do you work? Go to school? Do something constructive with your time instead if squeezing this irritated bump and googling.

You might just give it time to settle down all on its own.

Leslie735
07-12-16, 14:20
Defiantly sounds like an ingrown hair. I get them all the time.

LF87
10-12-16, 11:30
Thank you for your replies.
I don't think it is an ingrown hair as I haven't seen a hair. But i do have another one that's popped up but it's not on the actual groin, feels quite similar but I'm still worried about it :(

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

I thought my anxiety would fade off once I got my biopsy result from colposcopy (unrelated to this current worry, this was after an abnormal smear). I thought it had triggered me and would just fade away. But even though I've had that and I'm relieved with the result I still can't shake my other worry about this 'node' spot obsession.

swajj
10-12-16, 11:34
Don't worry you'll shake it when you move on to your next obsession.

btw I'm not joking. ��

LF87
10-12-16, 13:22
I don't know if this is health anxiety though this time

I first noticed it was reddish like two weeks ago now but didn't pay much attention. Then I started playing with it and realised it was hard. I squeezed it a few days ago and stuff came out, but now I'm thinking I've had a swollen node that's become infected and that's why I was able to get stuff out of it.
I'm debating making a doctors appointment, is it bad thar it's lasted this long? Would it be red if it was lymph nodes?
I'm so worried :(
Thanks

Kathryn313
10-12-16, 19:47
Book an appointment. The reassurance here is not helping you.