PDA

View Full Version : Small circle patches on my arms.

Emily101115
05-12-16, 10:27
Hi all I'm back again with my latest finding!!
So I have went from having breast cancer to skin cancer!

This morning I have found at the top of my right arm some white circles,now I do have spots at the tops of my arms and I am one for picking! Not sure if I have scared myself or if this is something else? In sure I've noticed them a while back and it didn't faze me! Why now?!

I've looked further along my arm and there is a couple more,again I do get spots and I do pick.I have to really look for them,I'm setting myself off again:( I thought I was ok I really don't want to be worrying over Xmas,spoiling it for my kids.

Gary A
05-12-16, 10:35
It doesn't sound at all like skin cancer, it sounds like a small patch of vitiligo or a harmless fungal infection. Vitiligo is caused by the bodies immune system attacking the melanin in your skin. This causes patches of skin that lose their colour as the melanin diminishes.

It sounds serious but it really isn't. It's actually very common and completely harmless, if a little unsightly.

Fungal infections also cause white patches, as the fungus grows and spreads it appears as white patches. Again, these types of infection are very common, utterly harmless and easily treatable.

If you're concerned then see your doctor, but this really in no way sounds like anything to be in any way alarmed about.

Emily101115
06-12-16, 08:33
Thank you so much for replying to me,I will see my GP.I don't know much about Vititglo,trying it to look to much into as I don't want to have all the fear.Do you know if you can get treatment for it?

Gary A
06-12-16, 11:23
Thank you so much for replying to me,I will see my GP.I don't know much about Vititglo,trying it to look to much into as I don't want to have all the fear.Do you know if you can get treatment for it?

There's no cure for vitiligo, unfortunately. Sometimes strong steroid creams are used but that's only in very extreme cases.

It might not even be vitiligo, but if it is, you'll probably be told to ignore it as it's utterly harmless.