PDA

View Full Version : Imipramine - feeling tired

hollyrosie
05-12-16, 16:04
I have been taking imipramine for several months now but its been making me feel really tired - doctor suggested I go on a lower dose which I'm trying
I think its causing similar issues to when i started the medication - where for the first couple of weeks of taking it I just felt uncomfortable and just very off
I'm not really sure what i'm asking - maybe some tips for easing how uncomfortable i feel? I'm feeling disconnected and depersonalized alongside strong feelings of anxiety which make me very upset
Anxiety makes me feel pretty lonely, I can talk to people about it but they dont have anxiety themselves

panic_down_under
07-01-17, 01:39
I have been taking imipramine for several months now but its been making me feel really tired - doctor suggested I go on a lower dose which I'm trying

How much were you taking, and how much now?

Imipramine can be sedating as it is a fairly potent antihistamine (many antidepressants are). Reducing the dose may help, though, imho, this is a retrograde step if it reducing the effectiveness of the med.

I think its causing similar issues to when i started the medication - where for the first couple of weeks of taking it I just felt uncomfortable and just very off

I'm not clear on whether you think these symptoms are being caused by you feeling sedated, or they have begun since you reduced the imipramine dose. If the latter, this isn't uncommon and will usually ease after a week or two.