PDA

View Full Version : ESA WRAG job centre appointment agoraphobic and terrified

Natalya32
05-12-16, 17:26
I have been suffering from GAD and agoraphobia since Jan 2016. I am literally so ill everyday I cannot barely function. I'm too scared to take meds so literally tough it out everyday in hell and yes I'm slowly losing my mind with the exhaustion.
I'm a single mum to 3 kids 8 and under. No immediate support close by.
I had my medical carried out at home as I could not attend the appointment due to agoraphobia. As I can answer the door to take deliveries, speak on the phone to my GP as I can't get to the docs anymore apparently I'm socially active!
I can get to the shop across from home so I guess I'm a somewhat functioning agoraphobic but I can't stay anywhere to chat etc not even in my home!
These were the deciding factors on putting me in the work related group.
I now have a job centre interview tomorrow which I know I can't handle.
I think I can get there but will end up running out. They've explained if I don't attend my money will decrease to £28 a week that's for me a 3 kids to survive off. No pressure then!
I'm an absolute mess with anxiety and find it very hard to even get out of bed.
Anyone have any advice please?
I'm so scared.

Sam100322
05-12-16, 20:07
Hey I private messaged you hope that's ok x

Antonio2301
24-12-16, 11:18
It's disgusting the way they treat people with Agoraphobia. 3 years ago I failed my ESA Assessment for exactly the same reasons as yourself. After 8 months of waiting I won my appeal . When I had to re apply in June this year I printed off some information on how Agoraphobia can effect someone and how Agoraphobia does not necessarily mean you can't leave your doorstep as they seem to think and many others do. They ask you not to send information in on your condition but seeing as though there is nothing in the descriptors to cover agoraphobia and how they told lies last time , I was sending that info in and asked them kindly to read how it effects someone and limits their daily living . November 24th I was approved my home visit and I'm not too optimistic on the outcome. It is with a decision maker at the time of writing this .Not sure how far you've got with it since the post and you may have gone through the mandatory reconsideration process??
If I fail again this time , I know of a couple of organisations online that are very successful on helping you win your appeal
Let us know how you get on
Antonio

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

You can still appeal to go from the Work related group to the support group and these organisations can help