PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Scottish_Jason
05-12-16, 18:26
Hi all, I'm Jason.

I'm a 33 year old male who has had depression and anxiety as far back as I can remember. These symptoms have seriously hindered me from moving forward in life, I'm still at my parents and jobless after leaving my masters degree as I was seriously struggling with social anxiety at the time.

The symptoms have got so intense recently that I really don't know what do. I took sertraline for a few years and decided to quit them on my own accord several months back. I have recently decided to start them again and I am on day 5. The side effects are bearable so far but I have noticed some insomnia which I really hope doesn't persist as I have trouble with sleeping as it is.

I've also got some serious health anxiety at the moment as I keep getting flu symptoms on and off... I seem to be ill more than 50% of the time these days.

I also think I may have broke a finger with a fall 5 weeks ago, but I'm not sure as I have been able to move it without too much pain, but after 5 weeks I still can't fully straighten the finger and it is still a bit sore. Does anybody have any experience with broken fingers? I have an appointment soon but really hoping it has not broke and then healed in this crooked position.

Anyway, I have been reading this forum for some time and it seems to be a friendly place so decided to become a member. I look forward to speaking to everyone.

Bigboyuk
05-12-16, 18:33
Hi Jason and welcome aboard to NMP I too suffer from severe depression so you aren't alone on this!! some days are better than others Yes this the right place to be enjoy the forums :) Hopefully chat more on the forums

venusbluejeans
05-12-16, 18:33
Hiya Scottish_Jason and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

randomforeigner
05-12-16, 19:35
Just the other day someone wrote here about a broken finger! I cannot recall who it was, though.