PDA

View Full Version : Neck lump biopsy

Mikiuslorenzo
05-12-16, 20:49
Hi everyone,

Looking for a bit of reassurance.

I have had a small lump in the left side of my neck for maybe 2 months, possibly longer. I went to the doctor and he prodded around, didn't think it was anything nasty but sent me for a ct scan.

Had the scan and was told they thought it was a cyst. Big relief!

Fast forward 2 weeks and my doctor informs me a second opinion was sought and although nothing untoward was found I am to have a needle biopsy!

Obviously this has me more than a little concerned. A friend of mine who is a nurse was surprised they didn't biopsy it at the time of the scan.

Is this just standard procedure that the NHS messed up on or should I be worried? As a point of note they did do a thorough scan all over my neck for possible swollen lymph nodes and found nothing.

I guess I am answering my own question but sometimes worry takes over.

Fishmanpa
05-12-16, 21:40
I can see what that would be disconcerting but it sounds like they're just covering their butts.

Positive thoughts

swgrl09
06-12-16, 00:20
I'd agree wtih FMP... sounds like covering their rear ends.

Mikiuslorenzo
06-12-16, 14:31
Thanks both for your replies:) The positive part of me thinks the same.

Oddly enough a good friend of mine had a lump and had to go back for FOUR biopsies despite being told initially it was ok. It DID turn out to be ok as it happens. I guess the medical profession likes to dot the i's and cross the t's.