PDA

View Full Version : freckles on lips?

fbmb
05-12-16, 21:47
So I've had a couple of little freckles on my lips since I was a kid - or at least for as long as I can remember. I'm 29. I read an article that said that they can be a warning sign of skin cancer. And my friend told me she's heard that too. Can you get cancer easier if you have a freckle on your lip? They're both on the same side, on the top. One is bigger than the other, but like I said, they're really little.

To my knowledge, they've never changed and like I said, I have had them for a really long time. Do any of you have them? Should I be worried? I have an appointment with my derm. in a couple weeks, but I will probably stew over it until then. :(

Marie2016
07-12-16, 13:51
I have a freckle on my lip, to my knowledge I've always had it. I don't think it's anything to worry about as long as it doesn't change. I've never heard of there being a relation to skin cancer but if that worries you maybe applying a sunscreen lip balm would ease your worries as you'll know that your lips are protected from uv rays :)

Fishmanpa
07-12-16, 14:14
Totally normal as far as I'm concerned. I dated a redhead in my youth and she was pretty much one big freckle! ~lol~ She had them "everywhere" :winks: Pretty cool if you ask me :)

Positive thoughts