PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm back after about 9 years

MusicGeek
06-12-16, 00:38
Hi everyone

This site really helped me many years ago when I was suffering with Panic Attacks and GAD which was brought on by a number of factors, but life changed I seemed to have controlled it, but I always knew it was lying dormant inside me, I've lived alone with my daughter who has severe learning difficulties for the past 8 years now, and as you can imagine I've not had time for Panic Attacks, I even took my daughter on my own to America this year and I'm terrified of flying.

But for some strange reason the Panic Attacks are back with a vengeance! Worse than before! I've had a bad virus which has lasted 4 weeks I'm still not 100% with it, but for some reason it has triggered off Panic Attacks, which seem to be getting worse, it doesn't help with it being the worst time of the year, dark and gloomy! I'm battling with it at the minute, but it's winning, so I thought I would come back on here, as it really helped last time.

Anyway hope to maybe make some friends along the way :)

venusbluejeans
06-12-16, 00:44
Hiya MusicGeek and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MusicGeek
06-12-16, 00:50
Hi Emmz

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Catherine S
06-12-16, 01:21
It's alway demoralising when the panics return, and from my own experiences it always seems to be much worse than before, but actually it's probably not because I think over time we forget how bad it was then...much like child birth! But i'm sorry you're having a hard time just now, and I hope you find the same comfort here again.

What we can't forget is that anxiety is part of life and will always surface from time to time in response to life events. Those who try to find ways to get rid of it completely are on the wrong track. It's how we react to it that's important. Are you taking any meds? If not maybe you could try some natural remedies to help you through this glitch, or if you do take prescribed meds perhaps you could have a word with the doctor about a dosage that would be enough to get you over this again. Well that, and talking to us here too :)

ISB x

MusicGeek
06-12-16, 01:48
Hi ISB

I just remember how I dealt with it before, meds made me worse, which was really scary, but just knowing people are going through the same thing and that share their stories, worries and fears, is comfort to me, and helped me deal with it before, over the years I've always known it's still in my system, I think if you start getting it it's in you for good.

It seems worse this time round, I think because it's been building up for years as I've been in a very stressful situation with my daughter, it just needed a trigger.

I kind of feel better already just being on here, as I don't feel so isolated :)

Catherine S
06-12-16, 02:01
Yes I understand what you're saying. You're probably right about the build up, so it could well be exhaustion as Claire Weekes would often talk about in her books if you remember, depleted in mind, body and spirit. It's no wonder the panics have resurfaced.

I hope you start to get on top of it once again, i'm sure you will.

ISB x

MusicGeek
06-12-16, 02:08
Thankyou, I hope so

It has been a tough few years for me.

Bigboyuk
06-12-16, 09:05
Hi MusicGeek and welcome back even though I don't remember you first time round as I am fairly here new Hope you get your problems under control soon :)

SLA
06-12-16, 09:12
Hi MusicGeek good to see you.

My panic/anxiety is always worse when I am ill with cold/flu etc.

Don't make yourself feel worse because you are anxious/panicky again. Focus on recovering fully from the virus.

What music are you geeky about? I am quite geeky about music too.

J

MusicGeek
06-12-16, 12:03
Thanks guys

SLA, I'm mainly into Hard Rock, I've been doing a bit of promoting putting shows on at a local venue, it's been an outlet for me, I'm putting on a 2 day festival next spring with 22 bands booked, well that's the plan anyway :)