PDA

View Full Version : PPI's cause heart disease and cancer

lifeofbrian
06-12-16, 17:00
Apparently H2's are fine, I'm switching.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3118665/Indigestion-drugs-including-omeprazole-increase-risk-suffering-heart-attack-experts-warn.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2177911/Heartburn-pills-uncomfortable-questions--They-help-millions--doctors-warn-long-term-effects.html

Fishmanpa
06-12-16, 17:53
When those stories came out I asked my doctor and that's more of a scare than anything. If you've ever watched a drug commercial in the US you would NEVER take anything! They have to list all possible side effects. Although that is a listed possible side effect, cases are extremely, extremely rare. (Besides... look at the source of the story!)

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
06-12-16, 18:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

lifeofbrian
07-12-16, 07:48
A study of three million patients is a scare? Next time "they" do a study of anything, check to see how many people are involved, a three million patient study is hugely significant.

When those stories came out I asked my doctor and that's more of a scare than anything. If you've ever watched a drug commercial in the US you would NEVER take anything! They have to list all possible side effects. Although that is a listed possible side effect, cases are extremely, extremely rare. (Besides... look at the source of the story!)

Positive thoughts

Fishmanpa
16-12-16, 13:11
Well, I have heart disease, have had two heart attacks, triple bypass and stents as well as cancer. I started taking Pantoprazole after my heart issues and cancer for reflux and have been on it for close to four years with no ill effects. In fact, it's eliminated my reflux issue. Consider the source.... The DM is not a good source of medical information.

Positive thoughts