PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of dysplastic nevi :/ anyone else?

eyechick924
07-12-16, 02:46
Hey all I've been struggling with skin cancer fears for about a month now and its absolutely awful. I have light skin and light eyes, a history of sunburns but and tanning but never in a tanning salon, and I've been a constellation of moles ever since I could remember. I have many moles that look normal. I have many moles that look dysplastic. None that have had changes that I can tell but I've also only been paying attention for about a month. I'm so scared that some of them are precancerous :( I am positive some are dysplastic as they fit the description. I have a dermatologist appointment scheduled for 2 weeks from now. I could not get one sooner because I'm 8 hours away from home in graduate school. The wait is absolutely killing me. Has anyone ever had dysplastic moles before? How often do these turn into cancer? What are your experiences? I'm trying hard to make it through these next few weeks until my appointment but the wait is killing me. I can't help but think my past sun exposure screwed me over for life. I'm so afraid that these moles will turn into cancer :( Please can someone share their experience?

Fishmanpa
07-12-16, 03:43
Terrified of dysplastic nevi :/ anyone else?

I'll have to ask Darth Vader but I think you'll be just fine :)

Positive thoughts