PDA

View Full Version : Scared shitless this morning stomach! Appendicitis ?

Lockey1995
07-12-16, 12:43
Hey l, woke up this morning but cramped up not too bad but I think I may have had similar before doubt ibs can cause tenderness anyway I moved and just right of my navel it hurts when I move and slightly tender pushing on it I'm terrified just been to the toilet did allot feels like there still some left in there it's mainly when I move done the poking test around my lower right no pain when I push the right of navel now it isn't too bad or as tender as it was when I lie on my back it doesn't hurt at all when I push.

I've also done the drop from your tip toes to heels aswell bit of pain just right of my navel and pulling my leg up to my chest, however what if it's just starting and the tenderness comes on later and it gets worse :(.

I did wake up a bit cramped in the morning when I moved and felt god I shit my self.

I've had this now 3 times in the last month twice at work other worry what if it's a tumour or something causing the tenderness?

Any one had similar with trapped gas or ibs or something?

2 hours later:

There's no actual pain/stomachache or tenderness when sitting down/laying on back

So when I walk it hurts a bit and when I breathe deeply when standing and now if I do the drop it hurts a bit surely the only thing that can cause that tenderness is appendicitis isn't it :(. Also is it only tender on the lower right when it moves there or is it tender there when it's in the middle? Or what I'm scared it's going to move the bit of ache I get there right of my navel If I stand stretch, or breathe very deeply when I'm sitting lying nothing.

---------- Post added at 12:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

:( I'm really , really , really scared! I can't even catch my breath I can't deal with panic attacks like this

KeeKee
07-12-16, 13:18
Have you been to the doctors about your anxiety?

I'm not sure if IBS can cause palpable tenderness but it can certainly cause pain and lots of it. My partner has frequently had to skip meals as his stomach was in so much pain.

Lockey1995
07-12-16, 14:39
Went for a drive took a paracetamol and it seems to have gone I can run now without pain or anything no tenderness really weird did eat some one day out of date sausages last night didn't realise until after lol. Tmi but this morning have been to the toilet twice bit looser not diahrrhea though when I had this last year Samish pain I was I was constipated days before so I wonder if it's just my body trying to get rid of it all after being backed up ?

ServerError
07-12-16, 14:50
One-day out-of-date sausages are unlikely to do you any harm. Those dates are pretty arbitrary.

I'll tell you what is doing you plenty of harm: your anxiety. You're one of the most panicky posters on the HA forum (not a criticism). I hope you're getting some help for your anxiety because I'm sure you don't want stuff like this to keep cropping up.

SLA
07-12-16, 15:07
"Scared shitless" makes me laugh every time.

If you want me to read a thread, put "scared shitless" in the title. :D

Hope you are feeling better soon Lockey.

Lockey1995
07-12-16, 17:41
Yeah I'm in cbt but not seeing much of an improvement ATM :( think I need to work on my sleeping pattern terrible for oversleeping, and when things like this come on I really cannot stop panicking.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Also can Ibs cause stitch like, stabbing, tenderness just right of the navel area ? I'm worried as this happened last Friday at work only lasted an hour the. Went that scared me not the best being panic mode whilst serving customers and the last time it was like this was earlier this year.

Scared it could be something more serious

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Still quite worried, it's gone down there pretty much but still got some like heart burn higher up I'm scared incase it comes back with a vengeance

Gary A
07-12-16, 18:05
Yeah I'm in cbt but not seeing much of an improvement ATM :( think I need to work on my sleeping pattern terrible for oversleeping, and when things like this come on I really cannot stop panicking.

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

Also can Ibs cause stitch like, stabbing, tenderness just right of the navel area ? I'm worried as this happened last Friday at work only lasted an hour the. Went that scared me not the best being panic mode whilst serving customers and the last time it was like this was earlier this year.

Scared it could be something more serious

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

Still quite worried, it's gone down there pretty much but still got some like heart burn higher up I'm scared incase it comes back with a vengeance

What are you wanting people to say here? You've literally listed every twinge you've had recently. You have health anxiety, you need to realise that and stop flapping about every ache and fart.

If you're really concerned then speak to your doctor, but to be honest this utter obsession with your bowels and stomach is exaggerating this whole thing in your own mind.

You really need to start trying harder to defeat your anxiety.

Fishmanpa
07-12-16, 18:51
"Scared shitless" makes me laugh every time.

If you want me to read a thread, put "scared shitless" in the title. :D

Hope you are feeling better soon Lockey.

It's funny because it actually goes along with anxiety as it means the person was so scared they pooped everything out of their system (part of the flight or fight response). That means that Lockey here had a big mess to clean up! ~lol~

Positive thoughts and poo threads

Josh1234
08-12-16, 03:42
Are you on medication Lockey? You've been making the same threads about your poop for over half a year now. Cancer is progressive. You'd know. Please go get on some anxiety medication.

NoraB
08-12-16, 06:12
Another thing to consider is that anxiety often causes muscle tension. This symptom can be experienced as muscle spasms, twitching, cramping and persistent pain. It can last for minutes, hours, days or longer and can come on when you are active or not.

The more you obsess about this, the worse it will get. Work on your breathing instead and that will help with the panic attacks. Also, when you start to think about it, distract yourself by doing a task that requires you to think. Or if you're in bed - a distraction exercise like counting backwards.

You can do it.