PDA

View Full Version : Tension headaches, where abouts?

Laaur_xo
07-12-16, 10:34
I have another headache.. shocker... its all over my head, but i get the odd more intense pain the top centre of my head? Is this normal?

Ive booked an appointment with my GP for Friday, i can't take anymore of this worrying about Brain Tumours and headaches etc... :-(

Basically written myself out now. I feel so negative, my family are sick of constantly reassuring me that there is nothing wrong.. but all i think is what will you do if it turns out there is something and you all ignored it.. :-(

Im only 21 and i don't want to live in constant fear that i may die.. i want to enjoy university and spend time with my family and my boyfriend and enjoy life. :-(

Im just so dead convinced that im going to die in the new year from a brain tumour, im even dreaming about it now :-( Why is this... i have never head health anxiety specifically... i had generalised anxiety, where i would have panic attacks leaving my house and i stayed in for months, but im all okay with that now, i go out nearly every day...

Help?

Sparkling_Fairy
07-12-16, 11:35
I had a headache every day for a year!
Temples, forehead, top of head, base of skull, you name it! I noticed when I woke up in the morning I was biting really hard on my teeth. And the tight jaw causes the tight scalp muscles.
Your scalp is full of tiny muscles, so if they tense up, you get a headache. And that can happen anywhere on your head.

jimmyj
08-12-16, 13:59
Did your headaches go x

saf138
08-12-16, 16:34
How does your neck feel I had constant migraines everyday non stop for almost a month and I too had brain tumor fears myself. It turned out I had severe muscle tension in my neck from the bad posture caused by stress and anxiety.

Scottio19
09-12-16, 13:19
I had a continuous headache for years. Neurologist diagnosed it as NDPH (New daily persistent headache).

Amitriptyline was what got mine under control where it wasn't taking over my life.

I had terrible head pressure and my scalp was sore to the touch, it was continuous and didn't go away. I like you was worried sick about it but it seems some people can just develop this and it's not life threatening and is manageable once you get the right pain management.

jimmyj
10-12-16, 13:52
Hi Scottio do you think you actually had headaches and pils worked or was it just tension and worry all along,I heard NDPH was without cure.