PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the doctor.. not sure how to feel

Panda22
07-12-16, 11:48
I just went to the doctor and told her i've been having headaches everyday for 2 months now. I felt like she quickly assumed it would be tension headaches, maybe because she knows i have stress.

I did ask her to do the eye test thing to rule out anything serious, and she agreed. She said nothing was wrong after the eye test but idk..she said to see a physiotherapist first. i'm scared that she misdiagnosed me with tension headaches while it might be a brain tumour.. i'm as anxious about it as before i went to see the doctor

Am i being irrational?

Kaede
07-12-16, 12:26
Am i being irrational?

It sure sounds like you are.

You went to the doctor, asked them to perform a test, which they did and they told you that everything was okay.

Yet here you are doubting them.

Seeking medical reassurance when something seems wrong and then doubting the medical professional who gave you the all clear doesn't sound like a symptom of a brain tumor to me. This symptom however seems to scream health anxiety at me.

Panda22
07-12-16, 14:05
Kaede, yeah you're right. Thanks. I thought the doctor appointment would take away my anxiety about the subject, but even tho it reassured me a bit, i still feel anxious about the possibility ..