PDA

View Full Version : I am going to buy a home blood testing kit to give me peace of mind...

cjemc
07-12-16, 12:25
Has anyone else used these kits and if so did they reveal anything and did they put your mind at ease?:hugs:

SLA
07-12-16, 12:50
what are you testing for?

You'll only end up paying a fortune in the long run.

cjemc
07-12-16, 13:05
what are you testing for?

You'll only end up paying a fortune in the long run.

Hi SLA. I just want to have a routine health check. I think it's sensible and wise to monitor our own health and take responsibility for our own lives.
I haven't had any blood tests sine 2015 so call it an annual MOT :)

Fishmanpa
07-12-16, 13:12
Self testing is ill advised unless directed by a doctor. Based on your history, this would just add fuel to your anxiety fire.... IMO

Positive thoughts

SLA
07-12-16, 13:36
I agree. Unless you pay a fortune the quality of the test won't satisfy your need to know if there are any issues.

I think it's sensible and wise to monitor our own health and take responsibility for our own lives.

Of course, but you are requiring "peace of mind".

"Peace of mind" is transitory.

You test today, and have peace of mind. You worry tomorrow, and what are you going to do. Test again?

cjemc
07-12-16, 14:10
I agree. Unless you pay a fortune the quality of the test won't satisfy your need to know if there are any issues.

Of course, but you are requiring "peace of mind".

"Peace of mind" is transitory.

You test today, and have peace of mind. You worry tomorrow, and what are you going to do. Test again?

So you're saying the less I pay the quality of the test wont be accurate but if I pay more then it will be?

Fishmanpa
07-12-16, 14:26
So you're saying the less I pay the quality of the test wont be accurate but if I pay more then it will be?

No, I believe I speak for both SLA and myself in saying that self testing is just a band-aid for an open wound (your anxiety). Unless ordered by a doctor to self monitor your blood work (for example: if you were a diabetic and needed to test blood sugar), it's unnecessary to do so and will only serve to increase your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

cjemc
07-12-16, 14:42
No, I believe I speak for both SLA and myself in saying that self testing is just a band-aid for an open wound (your anxiety). Unless ordered by a doctor to self monitor your blood work (for example: if you were a diabetic and needed to test blood sugar), it's unnecessary to do so and will only serve to increase your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

Hi FMP, I was just reading through some of the testimonials and one said "I found out things I didn't know I had"
Sounds like the company may be tricking people into thinking they need to buy more of their products???

pulisa
07-12-16, 19:51
Don't waste your money, Callum. These are just aimed at the worried well and what does "peace of mind" mean to you?