PDA

View Full Version : Meningitis fear

Avasmummy_x
07-12-16, 20:17
Anyone else have a fear of meningitis?
I've always been scared of my children getting it so it's always been in the back of my mind. Then my best friends grandson died from it in July and my other friend was in hospital for 10days with it earlier this year too.
All this exposure has made me frightened of bad headaches and stuff nexks.
Earlier this year I was also rushed in to hospital with suspected meningitis. To the point the ambulance crew injected me with the antibiotic right away! Luckily I just had a very bad bacterial infection but it frightens me now

Tonight I've started with the most horrendous headache teamed up with shoulder and neck pain. I also feel sick and dizzy. Just taken some paracetamol in the hope of it going.
Any normal person would think it's tension or maybe even a migraine. Not me. No. I'm worried it's meningitis 😔 Anyone else have this fear?

unsure_about_this
07-12-16, 22:23
I have known a few people who I have worked with, one of my mum friends daughter she had it when she was about four and could have died, one of cousins she had it at 18 months.

Yes this is a fear we have to an injection because there was a case when I was in school

Avasmummy_x
08-12-16, 12:22
I'm frightened.
Was hoping I would feel better today normal with migraines I feel better after a good nights sleep but no my heads still hurting and my neck, shoulders and back are in agony. Plus I'm feeling so sick.
Only makes me worry more that it's not gone. Can't get in my gps either and I don't want to waste time at the hospital but at the same time I'm really worried I feel truly awful. X