PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to go from here

LE
08-12-16, 10:22
Hi all

I am still struggling with symptoms I am having and just finding it so hard to believe it's anxiety.

I went back and saw the neurologist for the second time the other night and discussed the further symptoms with him which are swallowing issues, throats clearing, face dropping left side, leg size difference, mouth doesn't feel coordinated, waking up feeling not breathing.

He said to me that I did not have mnd/als. I would say he is in his late 50s, he is a lead consultant at the main hospital for neuro here, he has written papers, gives talks to other doctors etc. My point being he is clearly very experienced yet I doubt him?!?

He then did a full neuro exam looking in my mouth, resting feet reflexes etc. He said it is all normal. I asked about emg tests but he said that he would only order that if the examination was found to be clinically abnormal and it is not. He also said legs were normal and that most people have a 1-2cm difference. Mine is 1/2cm.

He then went on to say that It is anxiety causing the issues. I still feel there is a slight issue with my nerve in my face. Photos look slightly different, I'm also waking up and my tongue is sitting to one side between my teeth. Every time and even in day time it's sitting more to the right and running against my teeth. I don't know where to go from here. When I'm eating tiny particles of food are sticking somewhere and it's not just the feeling of it as when I 'hawk' it up the wee bits come up with mucus. Feel like I'm a ticking time bomb.

What do you think?

SLA
08-12-16, 10:44
Sounds like your expectations of your body are all wrong, and you are completely out of touch with what it means to be a human. Quite frankly.

That is why you have anxiety. Everything is completely normal, yet you are hyper-focussed on everything as if its an issue.

Why wouldn't your tongue sit to one-side? Why would it even matter?

Tiny particles of food do stick places. So what...

Photos look slightly different

They will do. All pictures are different. Different expression, different age, different lighting, different angle.

Doc says you are fine. Time to get a grip.

ServerError
08-12-16, 17:13
I'm with your neuro and SLA on this one. There is NOTHING wrong with you.

Well, nothing besides anxiety. You urgently need some therapy to address your irrational thoughts.

As SLA said, you're completely misinterpreting normal human physical traits that most of us wouldn't even notice.

nomorepanic
10-12-16, 13:29
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

LE
10-12-16, 18:08
It's really hard to believe there is nothing wrong.

I am in therapy now and have been on meds for 3 weeks which are due to be upped in a few days.

I'm terrified of everything even eating makes me anxious now as I know I will feel bits left in my throat.

Alio
11-12-16, 16:19
I have very similar issues to you. When i had my first panic attacks it took weeks for me to believe my doctor. I too saw a neurologist and a cardiologist and still had doubts. I am having a very bad day today, suffering the most horrendous dizziness. It's such an awful illness .