PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to me?

Blueplain
08-12-16, 16:00
I woke up this morning at 9 and as soon as I was concious my heart started pounding and did not stop thumping until 11:30am. I spent the whole time listening to meditive music while playing a very relaxing driving simulator. I felt relaxed mentaly but my heart was still pounding heard and I felt really tense and on edge. I am not producing negative thoughts and I am really clueless as to why I am seemingly feeling bad for just being concious.

NoraB
08-12-16, 16:07
I woke up this morning at 9 and as soon as I was concious my heart started pounding and did not stop thumping until 11:30am. I spent the whole time listening to meditive music while playing a very relaxing driving simulator. I felt relaxed mentaly but my heart was still pounding heard and I felt really tense and on edge. I am not producing negative thoughts and I am really clueless as to why I am seemingly feeling bad for just being concious.

I'm struggling to imagine a relaxing driving simulator.:unsure:

Looking at your previous posts, you've admitted your anxiety is bad so having these symptoms on waking is common. I get it a few times a week at the moment. This morning, for instance.

Blueplain
08-12-16, 16:37
I'm struggling to imagine a relaxing driving simulator.:unsure:

Looking at your previous posts, you've admitted your anxiety is bad so having these symptoms on waking is common. I get it a few times a week at the moment. This morning, for instance.

haha euro truck simulator, there is next to no traffic and its mostly motorways. Yes my anxiety is bad but I cant understand where it is stemming from, I am not actively thinking negatively at the moment I am waking up but am I subconcious of knowing I will feel bad when awake? Its constant and I dont know why there is not a minuite or hour of the day where I feel more relaxed.

NoraB
08-12-16, 17:08
haha euro truck simulator, there is next to no traffic and its mostly motorways. Yes my anxiety is bad but I cant understand where it is stemming from, I am not actively thinking negatively at the moment I am waking up but am I subconcious of knowing I will feel bad when awake? Its constant and I dont know why there is not a minuite or hour of the day where I feel more relaxed.

When you go through a period of intense anxiety, the stress response kicks in even when you are not thinking negatively. The slightest thing can trigger the flight or fight response. Somebody shutting a car door at night can trigger a panic attack. It takes the body a while to settle back down because you've basically flooded it with adrenalin and cortisol which is why it is important that you regularly do relaxation exercises every day.

MusicGeek
09-12-16, 00:04
This is quite common, I'm going through the same, it baffles me as when I am relaxed Anxiety can kick in, I seem to conquer symptoms then it throws something else at me