PDA

View Full Version : New here and in need of some support (Possible triggers)

TBmummy
08-12-16, 18:04
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have recently been diagnosed with health anxiety. November 2015 I was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and spent 3 weeks in hospital being treated for that and recovering. I have 3 young children and since I faced being so poorly the fear of leaving my children became really real and its got worse and worse to the point that I knew I needed some help...after a solid 3 week long headache which pushed my anxiety through the roof I finally made an appointment to see my GP and he tried to reassure me that I was fine (I suffer with migraines normally). He tried to reassure me that my headaches were likely tension/stress/anxiety related and that I needed some therapy. I have had my telephone consult with the counselling team and am now waiting my CBT therapy.

GP said that he did not think there was any reason at all for me to have a scan but given my history he could understand my fear and based on that he referred me for a scan because he said that it will help me refocus if I get an all clear result. I went for my CT scan today but since I left the hospital I'm now terrified of what might have been uncovered in the scan. My last MRI (when I was in hospital with meningitis) showed some lesions from previous migraines/TIA's (I have a bit of a complex medical background). I'm particularly terrified of brain tumours.

Anyway this is long and rambly but its really helpful to read through all your posts and not feel alone with it all. I don't want to wake up everyday scared of every little headache...I want to relax and enjoy life with my children again.

How can I make the wait easier for the results? they told me 7-10 days. I have a headache today right between my eyes/top of my nose and I feel light headed...im pretty sure that its stress/anxiety but there is always that nagging doubt that I might have it wrong :weep:

I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this xxx

Stecakes
09-12-16, 00:02
hi, I've been down the brain Tumour fear road.
and I know how horrible it is.
ct scan results usually take about week, but if there's a serious issue you would
normally be contacted within 48 hours.
as for brain tumours, I know a lot of google stuff talks about head aches
and dizziness, but they're not the most typical symptoms, it would be more like
seizures, stroke , blindness ,loss of basic motor skills, vomiting,
I hope this helps neuro surgeon at the walton center told me this,

TBmummy
09-12-16, 12:33
Thank you...I appreciate your reply! I wish I could just get the CT results now and stop this worrying! 24hrs through the wait now though!!

Stecakes
09-12-16, 15:17
I think you'll be fine, this ha horrible isn't it.
I've gone from lung cancer to lymphoma, brain tumour.
now my latest one is ms. sometimes you just need to speak to someone
who's had your symptoms and are still ok.

TBmummy
12-12-16, 12:02
Thank you...knowing someone else has had the same symptoms is really helpful! 4 days since scan...they said 7-10 for results! The wait is horrible!

emmegee
12-12-16, 12:17
Hey there-

I've had HA my whole life and delved a little into the "brain tumor" fear and had a good 3-4 months of unexplained severe headaches. It really is amazing what physical manifestations anxiety can create in the body.

My HA has gotten worse since having kids... I'm a single mom and I worry what would happen to my kids if anything were to happen to me.

The waiting game after testing is awful, isn't it? If we weren't anxious enough already, right? I agree with another poster... if there were anything serious they would contact you earlier.

Try to keep yourself busy, and visit here for support. Take care.

Wilburis
13-12-16, 14:30
Hi TB mummy

Just to say Im thinking of you xx

:hugs:

LE
13-12-16, 16:33
Hi

Just to say I can empathise with you and hope you get clear results which I am sure you will.

I was convinced of a brain tumour a few weeks ago. I had headaches plus a few other things going on. I was convinced beyond belief. Went to a&e and got admitted. Had a scan and was clear.

I had relief for about a few hours then moved on to searching for something else causing my problems. Once I've ruled one thing out I'm on to the next which is all I'm posting about just now.

I hope you get relief. I'm on meds and have just upped them and waiting on them to work. I'm also seeing a psychiatrist to help. It's awful isn't it xx

TBmummy
16-12-16, 13:16
Thank you all...the results are now at the GP so I can ring after 4pm as the GP has to comment on it first! Anxiety is through the roof right now!! I can't sit still and I feel terribly sick!! :(

TBmummy
16-12-16, 18:33
Results came back all clear!!! I can't believe it! Absolutely thrilled to bits!!

Wilburis
16-12-16, 21:49
Superb news!

xx :yahoo::yahoo: xx

emmegee
16-12-16, 21:54
:yahoo: congrats! :yahoo:

TBmummy
16-12-16, 22:03
Thank you both!! I had a call from the surgery saying there were no reported abnormalities and I was so over the moon I put the phone down and then immediately went into panic mode incase I misheard her! I was taking my son down for an appointment at tea time so checked with the receptionist again. I was so sure they would find something wrong. I hope my CBT comes through soon!
I'm doing good by not googling stuff and trying to keep my mind busy but I know I have work to do on my though processes!!

Thank you all for your support! Xxx