PDA

View Full Version : HOw long does it take to realise Ive got anxiety problems?

Wilburis
08-04-07, 14:46
Hi

Happy Easter!!!

I just wondered, Ive been battling this for over 6 months now.

How long does it take for people to realise and accept they have an anxiety disorder and not a brain tumour or heart problem. I still cant believe Ive got anxiety, I really think its something worse and my Doctor wont test me for anything else. Ive had blood work, thyroid test and ECG, all came back fine but in the back of my mind Im sure Im dying slowly from something that hasnt been picked up yet.

Started taking Sertraline 6 days ago, feel crap - feels like Ive got morning sickness, and really bad headaches and absolutely no appetite. IS this normal and how much longer will it last?!!

I just want to be normal again!

Liz xx

honeybee3939
08-04-07, 15:57
Hi Lizzie

I think most people who suffer with anxiety would have had the same thoughts as you, i for one used to think the symptoms where more serious than just anxiety, but after having these thoughts for many years im sure something would have happened to me my now.:ohmy: :ohmy:

I would have faith in your Gp, im sure he is right what he says.:) Once we can accept we have anxiety it makes it alot easier to get back on that road to recovery. Im pleased to hear you are taking meds, the meds can take a while to settle down, so dont give up.

Try using the search engine at the top of this page putting in the words Sertraline, there are lots of posts about this medication.

Sending you a hug too Lizzie:hugs: :hugs:

Love

Andrea
xxxx