PDA

View Full Version : No passion No enjoyment

jonno182
08-12-16, 20:21
I am longing to feel passion again about a hobby, an interest, anything ! I am constantly trying things but I honestly loose interest so quick because I have no passion.
I used to be so passionate about things, I would throw my everything at it but now it's minimal effort.
I just built a forum for adult gamers and now I've built it I can't be bothered to try and get people to use it. I hate this I wish I could get my passion back :(

Bigboyuk
13-12-16, 10:11
Hi jonno Iam the same in a lot of respects have plenty of interests but in my case no one to share them with and that's why I don't do much in my life at the mo feel free to Pm me if you want to chat :) Cheers

Itsonlyme26
13-12-16, 15:42
You're the same as me. I can't find no enjoyment in this depressing world

xBettyBoopx
14-12-16, 03:09
I find no pleasure in anything anymore :blush::blush::wacko::wacko:

My mind is constantly fixed on how I can get well instead of putting up with it and starting knitting lol :scared15::scared15:

I sometimes say things like "I'm done.....I don't care anymore"....but next day I'm thinking of what else I can do to help myself get better and start enjoying life again:shrug::shrug: Perhaops it will never happen but at least I will have tried. So I am not going to do jigsaw puzzles or knitting or crochet (sp) lol.

:whistles::whistles::whistles:

randomforeigner
14-12-16, 04:55
Can't you do both? There are plenty of Facebook groups for knitting and it's always fun to see what people have knitted. I've been a member of some such groups.

jonno182
14-12-16, 09:23
I want my hobbies back but it seems like the only hobby I have is to spend my days ruminating on wether I have anxiety and depression or if there is something else wrong with me.

emmegee
15-12-16, 11:52
I too have hobbies and interests that I enjoy. Problem is...when I am anxious or depressed I have no interest in them (or anything else for that matter). I get it. Its like just forcing yourself to get through the day. I keep telling myself "one day at a time". And I worry what effect this has on all my loved ones around me. :(

It's a terrible feeling.

Bike Rider
16-12-16, 09:44
I think this is a common thing with anxiety and depression, but I also know people who seem "ok" and they experience the same thing, perhaps its a point in life that indicates a complete change.

In my case, I am now convinced that I have done things for the sake of doing them, thinking that this is what I want to do, when in fact its just a quick fix to stop boredom.

duke27
16-12-16, 10:33
I absolutely love crafts anything to do eith making things etc. Whilst I was pregnant with my now 9 month old I made him toys, crochet him toys, painted, did sewing I loved it all. Now I want to do these things but feel to depressed to do so. Mostly in fear of having an anxoety attack and also because I lack the motivation as I feel so low and anxious everyday.

KeeKee
16-12-16, 10:35
I absolutely love crafts anything to do eith making things etc. Whilst I was pregnant with my now 9 month old I made him toys, crochet him toys, painted, did sewing I loved it all. Now I want to do these things but feel to depressed to do so. Mostly in fear of having an anxoety attack and also because I lack the motivation as I feel so low and anxious everyday.

I love crafting too and like you no longer feel upto it. I could never crochet or knit though. My Mam tried to learn me when I was pregnant but I was too crap ha. I love decorating boxes and photo frames etc.

Brian_VA
20-12-16, 15:08
I go through phases like this. Slowly climbing out of one now.