PDA

View Full Version : Had A Bad Day??

samtheman
08-04-07, 16:05
Had to go around to the wifes parents for lunch, with all her brothers,sisters and kids. It was a total nightmare and I feel like pants now as I had been going so well with my anxiety, infact I thought I was cured.

I got there and thankfully the dinner was almost ready, but while waiting I swore I was going to passout I was so anxious, we all got crammed around a table and all I wanted to do was run out, I swore I was loosing the plot. Got my dinner ate it as quick as I could, I felt totally sick thanks to the anxiety, I then went outside for a smoke and thankfully all the kids followed so I spent the rest of the afternoon outside kicking footbal with them.

I've never been more relieved to get home, I looked around me at the dinner table everyone was having a great time, but then there was me in the corner living a total nightmare:blush: Why can't I enjoy these things anymore?? At the risk of sounding like a spoiled kid, its not bloody fair.

ncowan
08-04-07, 16:35
Hi

God I so know you feel. I'm new to this forum and am actually relieved that I'm not the only person to experience these things... all my friends and family seem to think I am.

I hate family functions, usually I can't eat and all the people and everyone talking really makes me anxious - I just want to run away. Got through Christmas and have decided to 'cancel' Easter so as not to put myself through it.

Take care
Nicola xxx

yorkylover
08-04-07, 16:45
I think alot of us feel like you.Well done for going through with it.:yesyes:

honeybee3939
08-04-07, 16:54
Hi Sam

I have to agree with Ellen, i think its great that you didnt run away from the sittuation and managed to eat your meal, especially after how awful you must have felt. I wouldnt worry too much about the sittuation, you did it :) :) and you should be proud of yourself !:yesyes: :yesyes:

Hugs to you !

Love

Andrea
xxxx

samtheman
08-04-07, 17:01
Thanks guys!! Just glad its over, Well at least to xmas, then new years.. God I hate these things, It mightn't be so bad going to one on myside of the family but I'm an only child and Mum and Dad never bothers, I hate going to the other halfs parents even for a visit, I constantly feel like i'm being judged or something, let alone there silly family get together for a meal. And they are such a big family someones always get married, having a birthday party etc and you feel like you have to go.

ncowan
08-04-07, 17:07
Hi Sam

I feel better knowing I'm not the only person that feels like that. My family isn't very sociable (we like it like that) but my other halfs life revolves around what function is next. I hate it.

You did well to get through the day though - at last function I spent most of the time crying in the freezing garden; everyone is used to me so just ignored me, but why do they pressure me to go to these things when they know how I feel. Go to a lot of stuff for my little boys sake though.

Should've had people round last night but cancelled just knew I couldn't do it even in my own home.

I'm sure I will eventually get over this but when I don't know??????

Nicola xxx

samtheman
08-04-07, 17:18
Hi Sam

I feel better knowing I'm not the only person that feels like that. My family isn't very sociable (we like it like that) but my other halfs life revolves around what function is next. I hate it.

You did well to get through the day though - at last function I spent most of the time crying in the freezing garden; everyone is used to me so just ignored me, but why do they pressure me to go to these things when they know how I feel. Go to a lot of stuff for my little boys sake though.

Should've had people round last night but cancelled just knew I couldn't do it even in my own home.

I'm sure I will eventually get over this but when I don't know??????

Nicola xxx

You sound like myself, Yes I hate this getting pressured, I don't cry but just sort of float around by myself like Johny no mates, then the wife gives off when we get home as I'm apparantly being unsociable, Its kinda hard to be sociable when your bloody scared stiff. I'd love to get on with these people but my mind just goes totally blank when I'm spoken to.

SANDYJANE
08-04-07, 18:49
just want to say well done for staying and also 2 say i know how u feel ,

love sandy x

samtheman
08-04-07, 19:25
I feel kinda bad now, I mean they hadn't even finished serving up the others food and I was up and gone leaving 70% of the dinner, they spent alot of time preparing it but I just had to get outa that situation, Its situations where i'm trapped that I can't handle, once I got outside I was fine playing with the children, and I suppose it gave the others a break from them and they enjoyed here meal. I'm in the bad books now also as I'm just after going to McDonalds, the wife says "If you had of eaten you dinner you wouldn't be hungry"

What I'd give to feel normal again, roll on tomorrow, things can only get better.