PDA

View Full Version : Frog noises in throat

Kaede
09-12-16, 17:55
I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced these frog like noises in their throat? It's this sort of gurgling sound that sounds almost like a frog. Usually seems to happen after swallowing saliva or water, but sometimes it just happens on its own.

saf138
09-12-16, 22:24
Yep happens to me most of the time when drinking water it definitely sounds like the croaking of a frog I just put it down to air bubbles popping as they come up. I never thought anything of it don't worry its been happening to me for years.

Kaede
10-12-16, 14:35
Thanks for the reply, saf.

I wasn't really thinking it was anything serious, more or less wondering if it could be reflux or anxiety. I'm not sure whether it's recent or if it has always been there. Mostly seems to happen when swalowing liquids as mentioned but sometimes it just happens randomly.

LE
10-12-16, 18:03
Yes I have this. Sounds like a kind of gurgling noise to me. Gp said it's reflux.x

Fishmanpa
10-12-16, 18:51
You sure those frog legs were cooked and not attached to anything? :winks:

Positive thoughts

Kaede
10-12-16, 19:04
Yes I have this. Sounds like a kind of gurgling noise to me. Gp said it's reflux.x

Thanks for the reply. And I expect that anxiety can cause GERD. I don't smoke, I'm not overweight, I don't drink much and I try to eat healthy. I have been very anxious lately in regards to my health though.

You sure those frog legs were cooked and not attached to anything? :winks:

Positive thoughts

Would be a valid point during the summer when I had what sounded like hundreds of the little buggers croaking under my window, but sadly they are out of season at the moment so no frog legs for me. :whistles:

ElleNicole
14-12-16, 18:32
I get this all the time. It's acid reflux. I'm on over the counter omeprazole for it. I'm 22 and I've had it since I was like 17. Medicine does help! Good luck

lifeofbrian
14-12-16, 20:38
I get this, also a fizzing sound/sensation.

Sphincterclench
14-12-16, 21:48
I get this all the time my kids think its quite humorous.:roflmao:

Leslie735
15-12-16, 00:23
Yes! I actually had this last night while I was laying on the couch.